For Jon

Wyomingite

Mar 16, 2002
Wyoming USA
Visit site
Hi Jon,
I am wondering if you seen a full picture of Joegideons post this morning? All I could see was about one third of the engine. The same with his second picture. On some of the posts I get a full picture and I can't figure out why. Also on a post by Shamus George D, mentioned he give Shamus the thumbs up but his did'nt work. Mine don't either. Could you help out George and I with this problem. I'm hooking up to the gauge through Outlook Express.

Ron

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Hi Ron,

Best to try to refresh the screen. If it won't go still, delete the cache. Cache may need to be deleted by deleting "temporary internet files" through Tools|options or tools|internet options. Deleting all the temporary internet files will take the coockies, which will also take remebered internet logins, so it might be best to try to just delete the cache. I'll bet dach10 can tell you how. I rarely run IE or even Windows anymore. I'll PM and ask him to drop by :D

F

Fred_M

Part1

You mean like this? I've been seeing this all day. Looks to me like the-gauge has a belly ache or the net is conjested. It will pass.

Attachments

• like this.jpg
    like this.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 132
F

Fred_M

Part 2

To clean your cache, on Internet Explorer 5, 5.5, and 6, click on TOOLS. A drop down box should appear, click INTERNET OPTIONS. A box will open. To clean your cache push the button at the end of that yellow arrow. But know your gauge password and user name before you do, in case you loose the cookie. Don't want to loose a gauge member. :thumb: BTW, cache on computers isn't a frech word and is pronounced cash, like a store of food. http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/entries/88/c0008800.html , not cachet which is they way some people try to say it. http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/entries/93/c0009300.html We laugh at you after you leave if you say cachet. :D FRED

Attachments

• pushme.jpg
    pushme.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 137

Wyomingite

Mar 16, 2002
Wyoming USA
Visit site
Hi Dash & Jon,
Well I did what you told me and printed it out for I did'nt do something wrong. Well I can see all of that steam engine now and its a beauty. I still don't have my smiles or thumbs up but I now can see them all. When I click on one like the thumbs up it goes away and says thumbs up but does'nt appear on my posts, Anymore suggestions

Big Thanks
Ron

F

Fred_M

:wave: Well, are you using the right smilies? The ones on the right when you click them should write come "code" in your screen like this. The ones at the bottom put them in the title bar like that thumbs down you put in above. FRED

Attachments

• interface.jpg
    interface.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 126

George D

Aug 28, 2003
Yorktown, VA
Visit site
I have the same problem with smiles. I was able to use them before the board redesign. Now when I click on one of them the page jumps down so the top of my screen and the top of the page are the same. (Does that make sense???) Nothing happens with the smile though.

George

F

Fred_M

George, can you tell me what internet explorer you are using and what screen resolution you are running? Also try typing in the characters seen below into the text box. FRED

Attachments

• test.JPG
    test.JPG
    4.2 KB · Views: 103

Wyomingite

Mar 16, 2002
Wyoming USA
Visit site
Hi again Dash,
Sorry about being a pain in your time. The bottom smilies are working just fine. Before the crash I got exactly what you described in your last post to me. Needless to say not anymore. Now when I hit the smilies on the right my screen jumps to the left and I lose the last row of the smilies.

Ron

F

Fred_M

Wyomingite said:
Hi again Dash,
Sorry about being a pain in your time. The bottom smilies are working just fine. Before the crash I got exactly what you described in your last post to me. Needless to say not anymore. Now when I hit the smilies on the right my screen jumps to the left and I lose the last row of the smilies.

Ron
The only way I can simulate what you are telling me you see is to turn down my screen resolution to below 800X600. This box you answer in self centers when you add a smiley , but the code for the smiley still appears. (see my last picture, them are smiley codes and can be hand typed). If that's what you are seeing there will be a scroll bar at the screen bottom (just like the one on the side) that will allow you to scroll over to the smilies. Is that what you are seeing? What's you screen resolution? If you don't know how to check it I need to know what version of windows you are running , 98, XP, or??? Of course it might be as easy to scroll over to the smilies. One of the computers I use is older and runs 800X600. I just scroll over if I need a smilie from the far right rows. FRED

George D

Aug 28, 2003
Yorktown, VA
Visit site
Fred,

I don't understand why I can type the characters but can't use the ones on the right? I guess I'll have to make my posts without expressions. :) (that was hand typed)

George

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
hi ron, I added the : after your thumbs up and it still didn't work, so I did a thumbs up on my own and noticed it is called thumb, so i did that and it worked.

Have you tried using IE driectly instead of through outlook? I don't know if it will matter, but it's a thot.

F

Fred_M

Just a thought, are you guys clicking one of the two buttons I arrowed to get to the smilie post (advanced) page. FRED

Attachments

• try this.jpg
    try this.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 34