For Irantala: IJNS Shikishima

Gregory Shoda

Apr 17, 2004
Honolulu, HI
Irantala asked to see photos of my most recent model, Shikishima. I have not posted any photos of it until now because I am not satisfied of its versimilitude with the original. I used Japanese plans, which may have not been as well executed as they appeared at first light.

I post this one photo, which is at an angle which give the best impression of what the original ship looked like. FYI the model is a bit shy of 9 inches long.

Attachments

• shikishima_13.jpg
    shikishima_13.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 56
M

Maico Shark

A well executed build of a difficult subject. You should be proud of it.

Gregory Shoda

Apr 17, 2004
Honolulu, HI
Maiko: Thanks.

SK: Let's get working on the Agincourt. FYI I saw some nice line drawings on World Naval Forums of Espana & Moreno. Not British, but of the same period.

atlas83

Oct 27, 2008
Toulon
Very fine job Gregory :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: . I am very found of all WW1 and before boats.

Congratulations from France

Atlas83

Gregory Shoda

Apr 17, 2004
Honolulu, HI
atlas83: Thanks.

tekzo: Thanks. In answer to your question, Shikishima was commissioned in January 1900. She fought in the Battle of Fort Arthur, the Battle of the Yellow Sea, and the Battle of Tsushima during the Russo-Japanese War. She was disarmed in 1922 and used as a hulk until scrapped in 1948.

jrantala

Oct 9, 2007
That is a nice one!

Personally, I think these early 1900's / late 1800's warships are beauties compared to later ones...