Foot can't move! Possible dislocation?

RocketmanTan

Mar 21, 2010
New York, NY
rocketmantan.deviantart.com
Okay, well, I seem to have this problem with my left leg that occurs quite often. Sometimes, as I bend my foot inwards to, say scratch a spot on my foot, i feel this sharp pain in the middle of my leg, near the calves, and my foot can't move (it's stuck in that bent position). It feels like someone is branding my calves, and I feel some bones in my foot have been popped out. The pain is so extreme that my language gets a wee bit...colourful.
This lasts for about a few minutes before I can move my foot again. Judging from some residual pain afterwards, I assume that the problem would have to do with a tendon or ligament. I'm hoping that some of the good people here can clarify what is going on

Regards,
Bryan "Opposite over adjacent" Tan

Rapidtox

Oct 1, 2010
Managua City, Nicaragua
Hi Bryan, according as it sounds, your problem seems more related to synovitis of the ankle joint in dislocation there is always a history of trauma, so he can not rule out an increase in uric acid, and a possible accumulation of this joint, I recommend laboratory tests and x-rays, can improve with analgesics and physical means such as warm compresses to the area of pain, I hope you feel better.

PD. I hope the manager does not bother to play other issues outside the forum.

RocketmanTan

Mar 21, 2010
New York, NY
Hi Bryan, according as it sounds, your problem seems more related to synovitis of the ankle joint in dislocation there is always a history of trauma, so he can not rule out an increase in uric acid, and a possible accumulation of this joint, I recommend laboratory tests and x-rays, can improve with analgesics and physical means such as warm compresses to the area of pain, I hope you feel better.

PD. I hope the manager does not bother to play other issues outside the forum.
That is a possibility, however, I do feel ligaments tensing up/whatever in my leg, and like I said, I felt some bones in my foot out of place :confused:

Melissa19102

Oct 23, 2010
Any chance it is just a bad leg cramp? I used to get them all the time when I was sleeping. I would wake up to massive pain, and my calves were like boulders. The only thing that helped was to grab my toes and pull them up as hard as I could. It hurt like heck, but eventually got rid of the cramp. It rarely happens now that I am OLD. Somebody once told me it was caused by a potassium and/or calcium deficiency. I eat more carefully now than I did as a teenager, so maybe diet was a factor.

Of course, this could have absolutely nothing to do with your problem. Just thought I would throw it out there in the off-chance that it would help.

Hope you feel better soon!

RocketmanTan

Mar 21, 2010
New York, NY
Any chance it is just a bad leg cramp? I used to get them all the time when I was sleeping. I would wake up to massive pain, and my calves were like boulders. The only thing that helped was to grab my toes and pull them up as hard as I could. It hurt like heck, but eventually got rid of the cramp. It rarely happens now that I am OLD. Somebody once told me it was caused by a potassium and/or calcium deficiency. I eat more carefully now than I did as a teenager, so maybe diet was a factor.

Of course, this could have absolutely nothing to do with your problem. Just thought I would throw it out there in the off-chance that it would help.

Hope you feel better soon!
Hmmmm, that is most likely it. I could eat some more bananas and drink more milk, I guess :rolleyes:

Thanks!
--Bryan