Fokker D-VII... 1/33

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by eatcrow2, Apr 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eatcrow2

eatcrow2 Member

Fokker D-VII from new company "Kartonowa Kolekcja". Designed by Pawel Mistewicz..

[​IMG]

Have decided to slowly start on this, so that I'll take my time and do some of the extra detailing I want to do..

You can see where I've glued the parts on 1mm stock. Cut out and glued up one side of the fuselage. In the cockpit area where you will see the tube framing, I decided to use plastic rod painted aluminum and glued over the printed frames for more of a 3-D look..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. eatcrow2

eatcrow2 Member

Fokker D-VII from new company "Kartonowa Kolekcja". Designed by Pawel Mistewicz..

[​IMG]

Have decided to slowly start on this, so that I'll take my time and do some of the extra detailing I want to do..

You can see where I've glued the parts on 1mm stock. Cut out and glued up one side of the fuselage. In the cockpit area where you will see the tube framing, I decided to use plastic rod painted aluminum and glued over the printed frames for more of a 3-D look..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  3. DrBill

DrBill Member

Peter: Wonderful choice! I just got a copy in the mail yesterday, and have been drooling over it ever since. Got to get the current build out of the way first, but I'll be following this thread very closely for guidance. Thanks for leading the way!

As far as I can tell, this is the only kit so far from Kartonowa Kolekcia. Is that correct? If so, I'm looking forward to seeing more.
  4. DrBill

DrBill Member

Peter: Wonderful choice! I just got a copy in the mail yesterday, and have been drooling over it ever since. Got to get the current build out of the way first, but I'll be following this thread very closely for guidance. Thanks for leading the way!

As far as I can tell, this is the only kit so far from Kartonowa Kolekcia. Is that correct? If so, I'm looking forward to seeing more.
  5. eatcrow2

eatcrow2 Member

Hi Bill...

When I get irked at my current build (Junkers), I figure I can always switch to this for a bit..;-) Plus I think I would spend more time on small details, if I'm not in such a rush to close everything up..

Yes this is his first release.. I think his plans are to upgrade some of the designs that he did for Maly Models.. If they are as nice as the D-VII, I'll be getting more.
  6. eatcrow2

eatcrow2 Member

Hi Bill...

When I get irked at my current build (Junkers), I figure I can always switch to this for a bit..;-) Plus I think I would spend more time on small details, if I'm not in such a rush to close everything up..

Yes this is his first release.. I think his plans are to upgrade some of the designs that he did for Maly Models.. If they are as nice as the D-VII, I'll be getting more.
  7. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Great looking start, Peter!
    Where did you find this model? I've been looking for a good model of the DVII for a while, and this seems to have a lot of wonderful detail.

I know I will enjoy watching this build!

Cheers!
    Jim
  8. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Great looking start, Peter!
    Where did you find this model? I've been looking for a good model of the DVII for a while, and this seems to have a lot of wonderful detail.

I know I will enjoy watching this build!

Cheers!
    Jim
  9. DrBill

DrBill Member

Jim: Not sure where Peter got his, but mine came from Paper Model Store in Chicago -- good prices, excellent service in my experience.

I'll have to go back to my collection (limited) of Maly models to see what else Pawel M. has designed. What I like is the very clean design, the use of detail where appropriate (not hidden), and the opportunity for extra detailing. The GPM Fokker E.II (which also came with the order) is incredibly detailed -- 17 parts to make the propeller and hub alone, and a gazillion wing ribs with no laser cut option yet available. I'll build it, but I want to do the D.VII first....
  10. DrBill

DrBill Member

Jim: Not sure where Peter got his, but mine came from Paper Model Store in Chicago -- good prices, excellent service in my experience.

I'll have to go back to my collection (limited) of Maly models to see what else Pawel M. has designed. What I like is the very clean design, the use of detail where appropriate (not hidden), and the opportunity for extra detailing. The GPM Fokker E.II (which also came with the order) is incredibly detailed -- 17 parts to make the propeller and hub alone, and a gazillion wing ribs with no laser cut option yet available. I'll build it, but I want to do the D.VII first....
  11. eatcrow2

eatcrow2 Member

Here's his web site....
    http://www.kartonowakolekcja.republika.pl/
  12. eatcrow2

eatcrow2 Member

Here's his web site....
    http://www.kartonowakolekcja.republika.pl/
  13. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

YAYYYY! More WWI :)
    Looks great so far!
    Chris
  14. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

YAYYYY! More WWI :)
    Looks great so far!
    Chris
  15. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Very good idea on the plastic rods for a realistic cockpit!!
  16. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Very good idea on the plastic rods for a realistic cockpit!!
  17. Ben Gal

Ben Gal Member

18. Ben Gal

Ben Gal Member

19. eatcrow2

eatcrow2 Member

detailing the cockpit

Did some extra detailing to the parts that are going to be making up the inside of the cockpit.. Wood... wire... plastic.. whatever I got lying about that looks as if it'll work..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  20. eatcrow2

eatcrow2 Member

cockpit completed

Added all the parts that make up the cockpit. The fit has been right on the money. Also added some balsa scrap towards the rear of the fuselage that will get sanded to shape.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.