Fokker 50

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Jimi, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Jimi

Jimi Member

Hans- Hehehe. the time it takes for me to write a poem depends upon many factors. If im not really in the mood, it may take me days. but if something stirs my psyche, i could finish a poem in less than an hour. :D

About the landing gear, that's one of my main concerns. I have yet no idea on how to construct it properly as a cardmodel. :( maybe, i'd use the same technique that i did for the terra. a thick wire wrapped with layers of paper. hehehe. And for the wheelwell, i'd make it as simple as possible. Not too detailed but not just a box either.
  2. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Ehehehe!!! Well, I've composed just one poem in my life, and its for a subject requirement back at high school :lol:

Why not try toothpicks? I'm building MARSCenter's Shuttle here, and I'm designing a retractable gear so it can be attached to the ET & SRBs which I've finished just recently :wink:
  3. Jimi

Jimi Member

I want the landing gear structure to be as rigid as possible. so, no toothpicks. :D I think i'd stick with the thick wire thing instead. :D Since the fokker will rest on those struts for eternity, It should be able to support the entire weight of the plane (and i believe it will be a bit heavy. The internal parts of the wing and the fuselage will also be braced to make sure that there will be no sags, etc.
  4. Hans Christian

Well, I've tried those toothpicks and I didn't have any problems with them

I remembered I build the Shuttle last year with a retractable gear with toothpick struts. The can support a great amount of weight, (Like 5 celfones during a test :wink: )

But if the struts will be fixed, wire is the best bang for the buck :wink:
  5. Jimi

Jimi Member

Hi all. just arrived from lubang island, mindoro from our per semester aircraft run up and taxi. I was surprised though. the plane that i thought was a torn up convair turned out to be a Philippine Air Force fokker 27! not exactly a F-50 series model but there are a lot of similarities between the two (i took notes hehehe). Well, the plane overshot the runway a long time ago and since it was beyond repair, they chopped the plane and took the parts that can still be used. I wanted to take closer photos but then again, there might be snakes. :lol:
  6. Hans Christian

That plane's a mess... :?

Any goodies left? :wink:
  7. Jimi

Jimi Member

well, goodies? hmm. the airframe was stripped of useful parts. :D

I'd be building the wheelwell and engine sections in a while and i'd try to post pics when im through..:)
  8. Hans Christian

Wait a minute.... Engine compartment?

You're building turboprops for this one? (wow... :shock: )
  9. Jimi

Jimi Member

umm, nope. no engine builds. though it will be great, it would be already too complex :( and unlike dc-3's there is no visible engine components in the fokker. So, i'd only be building just the wheelwell and the parts that will give the engine the right shape. :D
  10. Hans Christian

Oh (bummer.... :roll: ) (joke!)

Hey, why don't you include some parts for the engines as Optional parts?

I don't mind a complicated model...

But a model can still look great even if it's not superdetailed though...

Just my opinion buddy!!!

:wink:
  11. Jimi

Jimi Member

Hehehe. finally finished the basic exterior parts of the fokker. :) be doing the flightdeck next. Since it will be covered anyway, it wont be too detailed and just enough to give the right effect :wink:

Wont be doing the fokker next week to do a school project. It's a simple miniature card airport. Im quite thankful that i stumbled at this site. If i didnt, i wouldnt have learned how to use rhino.. :D and a lot more things. :)
  12. Hans Christian

Going smooth there!

Hey, what scale do you prefer for airports? I really want to build a scale model of Sangley AB... :wink:
  13. Jimi

Jimi Member

About airport scale, The only requirement that our instructor gave us is that it should fit inside a 20x 30 in illustration board sheet. hehehe. it would be so simple that it would really only take me a short while to build the thing in rhino. hehehe. my groupmates would be the one that will assemble the airport. :)

Oh yeah, the airport that we'd be buildin is the international airport in beijing.
  14. Hans Christian

That's pretty smalll for an International Airport...

Any planes in the dio? :wink:
  15. Jimi

Jimi Member

Yep. too small. very very small. at this scale, a pharaoh ant is as large as a boeing 727! hehehe. well, there are planes but no liveries etc. because of it's scale, the diameter of their fuselage will be as thick or less than a toothpick. I sure hope to finish this project soon and get back to my fokker. this project is hardly exciting. :?
  16. Hans Christian

That airport looks nice! :wink:

Well, 747s & A380s will not be an issue there... (or is it...) :wink:
  17. Jimi

Jimi Member

hans- hehehe. an A-340, 380, b747, Il-68 or an An-124 at this scale would be as large as a umm, weaver ants! though it frustrates me, not much detailed planes in this project. Sigh. im glad im almost through with the draughting of this project in autocad hehehe. be back to the fokker next week.
  18. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi Jimi,

i saw your propeller and impress at your propeller, how can u do a look good propeller like that :D
  19. Jimi

Jimi Member

20. Hans Christian

Ei! How's the airport coming? :wink: