Fokker 50

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Jimi, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Jimi

Jimi Member

Our christmas break has finally started and yup. i finally got to tickle my lazy bones and start with my next build. Though i think that this will take some time (with my busy schedule next year), estimated day of completion, december 2005. Yup. i'd be sticking with my old scale (1:30) so that my little terra firma will have company.. :roll: got through with the mathematical work and i have to admit, she's huge (length is about 84.16 centimeters). I was a bit hesitant to start with the build because im thinking of where to put it in the when done. and it's not a simple plane to build especially for a newbie (sort of) like me.

Anyway, here's the 3 view of the fokker 50. i'd try to post the 3d build in rhino when im done hehehe.
  2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Hey Jimi,

the picture is not showing
  3. Jimi

Jimi Member

just reloaded the 3-view.. :D
  4. Jimi

Jimi Member

The nose part. Though it is easier if i make it as an assembly of cones, it would not well, accurately show the "flat" thick windshield that's very prominent in airliners . I would have to admit. it looks really messy. i'd do the final editing is in autocad.
  5. Jimi

Jimi Member

Just arrived from the skatepark a few moments ago from just bumming around. Got an hour to spare when i arrived home and just corrected a lot of mistakes. my first try made the front look like a duck's head! im sticking with the final edit. after browsing over some pics, i made the final one look more like a stork.
  6. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Wow!!! Looking good there!!!

Post some test builds when done!!! :wink:
  7. Jimi

Jimi Member

hehehe. thanks hans.. :) about the build progress, i'd probably post it whenever i finish a certain phase of the build.. :) currently, i dont have a digital camera so i'd have to take a photograph of it using a manual camera and have the shots scanned. I'd probably borrow dad's pentax (i used a really cheap vivitar to shoot the terra firma which was quite horrible.

Anyway, here's the fuselage in sections. one will wonder why the flightdeck part is hollow. well, im planning to put a full blown flightdeck with instruments etc.. (pilot not included) hehehe. The sections are trimmed by first joining the surfaces then by creating a rectangle then click "surface from planar curves". afterwards, use the surfaces joined as a "cutting edge" to trim the rectangle. Not yet the final sections. i'd scale it down in autocad to fit as a cardmodel.. :)

Anyway, we'll be spending christmas tonight.. :) hehehe. Again, Maligayang pasko at manigong bagong taon sa inyong lahat! (Merry christmas and a happy new year to all! ) :)

Jimi
  8. Hans Christian

Merry Christmas To you too!!!

Since you're making the cockpit, why not include also the whole passenger cabin? :wink:

and also, take care of using fireworks this coming new year's eve! It will be hard to lose fingers these days :lol:
  9. Jimi

Jimi Member

Yep. i'd be making the passenger cabin too. and the doors.. :) dont worry bout the fireworks. we wont be buying any (sayang kasi).. hehehe. I also fear losing fingers, body parts and stuff and i dont want to be featured on MGB during their new year firecracker victims special! :lol:
  10. Hans Christian

I remembered that firecrackers were meant to ward off "evil spirits" this new year... But is that mean that people who hate firecrackers are "evil spirits?" :lol:
  11. Jimi

Jimi Member

Hehehe. well, that was the intention why there are firecrackers. but unfortunately, many people who light these firecrackers during christmas and new year dont observe things such as "safety". And the power of firecrackers are slowly increasing some like the "Plapla" have enough power to blow up hands and stuff.. Though im not against it, i'd better not play with it.. :D Just playing safe.. :)
  12. Hans Christian

As the oldies say... Prevention is a LOT better than cure (well, if there's a cure for missing body parts... :( )
  13. Jimi

Jimi Member

I finished building the test build of the fokker's front part. and then disassembled the entire thing and "recycled" the sections for use in the actual build (which i'd do after i finish the 3d build of everything). so, im off to the next part. the fuselage. unlike the front part, this part is way easier. oh yeah, to get the "windows and doors" accurately, extrude the 2d drawings of the doors/windows. afterwards, loft the skin of the fuselage or use planar surf (which is more accurate than loft and i use it to make sure that everything's accurate). type trim and select the extruded parts. use them as a cutting tool. press spacebar then trim the surface between the windows/doors. when done, delete the extruded parts and voila! holes.. :D

Oh yeah, it's important that you memorize the commands in rhino. like in autocad, it simplifies and makes constructing the model easier and faster. :)
  14. Hans Christian

Makes me drool... :lol:

Darn it, I went to southmall last december 29 with my crush :wink: (its obvious I'm on a date :lol: ) but the rhinos at data venture are gone... :(
  15. Jimi

Jimi Member

anyway, just the view of the extruded fuselage. have to take a break from cardmodeling for two weeks to do schoolwork :(
  16. Jimi

Jimi Member

Ok. dont laugh. :D got a free day and just did this. I do still have to change a lot.
  17. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

no laugh.........looks pretty good to me.
  18. Hans Christian

:shock: :shock: :shock: ...
  19. Jimi

Jimi Member

I'd try to post details on this swan at least once a week. kinda hard to squeeze time in my very hectic schedule. Anyway, Just finished adding wing root fairings, the vertical brace for the Vert. stabilizer (i forgot the name of the part) and the "foklets" (winglets). And refined some parts. im sticking with this build. :D
  20. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

She's looking good Jimi. What livery do you plan to do the aircraft in?