C

Catt

Hey, lookie dere.The dadburned engeneer membered the headlit this time.:D

Nice pic too.

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
Thanks folks! Planeshavings about that era thing :D , I'm shooting for late 60's early 70's but I'm having a hard time finding vehicles in that time period. This area still had a lot of 40's and 50's vehicles by the early 70's (still have a tow truck as old as the one in my photo rolling around here today) but if anyone knows where some decent quality 60's vehicles can be had please let me know (n-scale of course). Thanks :)

OPPS

Originally posted by Tyson Rayles
Thanks folks! Planeshavings about that era thing :D , I'm shooting for late 60's early 70's but I'm having a hard time finding vehicles in that time period. This area still had a lot of 40's and 50's vehicles by the early 70's (still have a tow truck as old as the one in my photo rolling around here today) but if anyone knows where some decent quality 60's vehicles can be had please let me know (n-scale of course). Thanks :)

:D I new it was 60's 70's all along right?? :D Sorry, guess I was paying more attention to the cars, trucks etc. than I was the locomotive. :D :D AT&SF Duey

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Tyson,
I wouldn't know what era it is, my ignorance is blissfull of such things :) . I appreciate your photo cos it's railroady and it's good (even if it does need a tad more mist :) )
It's only failing is that I can't hear the crossing bell! :D

Errol

YakkoWarner

Mar 10, 2001
Orange County, NC.
www.the-gauge.com
Mike, They are cast resin. They need to be sanded and de-burred but the only parts that need assembly are the wheels and steering column. I have only assembled one, ('66 Mustang convertable) and had a bit of difficulty getting the paint to adhere at first but a quick swipe with 300 grit emery cloth roughed the surface enough for the paint to stick, and not enough to create grooves in the finished project. (solid windshield is a bit of a detraction.)

I find many online in the e-bay n-scale track and accessories section. Don't pay more than 4 bucks a pop. local hobby shops and train shows sell them for 4.99-8.99.

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Tyson,
Those resin kits usually are very nice models.
The solid windows can be delt with by painting them black, & then heavy gloss coat over that.
btw...excelent photo...any of us Southern fans can tell the era by that black paint scheme. :)
And you're right, when I was growing up, none of us drove a car made in the decade we were living in! Heck, I'm STILL driving my 84 F-150! She don't look that good anymore, but I still love
her! :D

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Fog

Hi Tyson, Just sitting here playing around and added some "fog" to your picture. Did it to just see what would happen as I never had tried to "fog" a pic before. Without a doubt you capture the "flavor" of Applachia in your models. I really like them!!:)

Attachments

• 2close.jpg
    2close.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 72