FOCKE-WULF FW-200 "CONDOR" modelik

NULLMOON

i just received this so id thoght i would share my thoghts its the first a3 format kit ive purchased its a large impressive kit the completed size is given as 995 mm its 1:33 scale

graphics: its a new kit so all computer generated the printing is spot on and there are no gremlins(spots,marks etc) the card itself is of a high standard

detail:its actully an easy kit the detail level is quite basic in some areas ,for example there are no internal engine cylinders just a printed paneland cabin details are a little thin on the ground as well which is a shame as the aircraft has many windows there are 12 pages of printed parts most of these are former parts the lack of certain details is made up for by the kits impressive size
construction: the kit reqires a HUGE amount of 1mm cardstock as the framework is extensive covering the entire aircraft this is probably a necessity of size
acsessories: the only extra parts avalible are two vac formed parts for the top/forward turret and the rear/top turret the glazed "pod" on the belly is not catered for neither is the cockpit these parts can be made in flat transparency as they lack any complex curves

overall a great kit and a real eye catcher its also fairly cheap 11,14 € from modelik direct which is much cheaper than some of the rarer gpm bombers of a simalar size

Attachments

• DSC00953.JPG
    DSC00953.JPG
    148.3 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC00954.JPG
    DSC00954.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC00955.JPG
    DSC00955.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC00956.JPG
    DSC00956.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC00957.JPG
    DSC00957.JPG
    138.1 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC00958.JPG
    DSC00958.JPG
    141.7 KB · Views: 27

NULLMOON

hmmm i actully ecxpected a bit of feedback on this oh well perhaps i need to work on my presentation skills or are people just not that exited by huge bomber cardkits?

col. kurtz

thats gonna be a big build .... i would cut out the windows anyway paint the interior as with transparancy i found from about a inch away you carnt see much throught it anyway .i look forward to following this build thread of yours...by the way what i have is the me1101 f4 u :thumb:

NULLMOON

i gotta get a load of 1mm card before i start half the pages are former parts the inteirior detail looks a bit sparse which is a shame as this plane has alot of glazing the engines have been bugging me to ..i think i can steal some engine cyinders from another kit and use them in a similar way to the engine on the free i-16 kit its about 4th on my "to do list" so expect a build thread in the near future

gippolot

Thanks very much for the review Null.

Whenever you get around to building it. For sure it will be a beauty.

Gippo

Stev0

I'm stoked to see you build this Null.

Not just being a German Aircraft fan ... I like the Condor. I'd like to buy this kit but I have a moratorium on buying kits until I get my affairs fixed.

Are you going to build gear up or down? What parts are lacking in this kit?

As for presentation of the kit... I think it's done fine. The first image you snapped is fine if you wanted to shoot each page. References are key to overcoming any detail issues with this kit. If you say the kit is lacking in certain areas then this is a good chance to experiment with some scratch building.

cbg

wow, that's a big airplane

I've got a Schreiber kit of the Fw-200 in 1/100-scale and I thought it was big.

Where will you put this when finished? 995 mm translates to 40 inches. . .

Cool kit of a cool aircraft. Winston Churchill was said to have had a fear of this particular aircraft as well as U-boats, but not much else during the war.

I look forward to seeing your progress.

cbg

NULLMOON

I'm stoked to see you build this Null.

Not just being a German Aircraft fan ... I like the Condor. I'd like to buy this kit but I have a moratorium on buying kits until I get my affairs fixed.

Are you going to build gear up or down? What parts are lacking in this kit?

As for presentation of the kit... I think it's done fine. The first image you snapped is fine if you wanted to shoot each page. References are key to overcoming any detail issues with this kit. If you say the kit is lacking in certain areas then this is a good chance to experiment with some scratch building.

the landing gear is flawless im not sure about the gear bays the only other two points that lack a little detail are the cabin and engines all this would be covered in a build thread detailing these parts seems quite simple