Fly Model Nr 130 , HMS. RODNEY

Ajax

Apr 20, 2004
Rodney is looking tremedous, Scorpio! I see you've moved on to the "Queen Anne's Mansion" block superstructure. I read on a warships messageboard that Rodney's officers said the big tower acted like a sail in high winds and made her difficult to steer unless you had experience sailing yachts! :lol:

AJ

Ajax

Apr 20, 2004
Jimkrauzlis said:
You and Barry are indeed brave souls!
I dunno about that... barry's the brave one. I'll just be cheering him on from the sidelines! :lol:

Fuso is a rather interesting ship, not only because of the pagoda mast, but also because of the mystery surrounding her sinking. Anthony Tully has written an excellent and article on the events surrounding the loss of Fuso at:

http://www.combinedfleet.com/atully06.htm

I really would like to see National Geographic or some other group sponsor an expedition to examine the wrecks of Fuso and Yamashiro that will hopefully provide a better understanding of what exactly happened that night.

A rather distinctive look, that Fuso has! (Why does that read like something Yoda would say?) :D
Jim
"Once you start down the card model path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Consume you it will." :D

AJ

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Scorpios thread

hey fellas chuck the answers on to the Savage one we are hijacking a proper thread.

Sorry Scorpio :eek:ops:

regards

barry

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
As Barry suggested...
Scorpio, what in particular were the bad fits from, if you can tell?
Were the variances large (i.e., something was mis-scaled in the printing on some pages)or were they relatively small (could be many reasons, I suppose)?
Just curious, if you could tell us. :?
Sorry for the short diversion on Fuso... :eek:ops:
Jim

Scorpio

Mar 21, 2004
Germany / Aachen
www.Kartonist.de
After two sit Are lazy, yesterday I have spent by my ship a few hours together again. I already do not write what fits or does not fit because I have already written that by the treatment I must improvise to whole time to get a satisfying effect.
All windows are cut out and are unterstuck with foil.
Here a few photos

@ Jimkrauzlis,
The model is worked on very badly, and is still drawn by hand
One can forget passport exactness here. Parts are not to each other
conformistly ( distinction up to 5 mms)
The model is not for beginners because is too complicated, but that of the treatment of construction is very bad.

With the best greetings
Scorpio

lgl007

Apr 28, 2004
Hmmm... that's really too bad about the kit, with the fit and finish problems you are having Scorpio :(

However, as always you still seem to be able to make it work :)

I hope the fit problems start to go away and I hope you are still enjoying the build.

-Greg

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Rodney

Looks brilliant anyway if you had not said I would never have known I hope it is not spoiling the enjoyment too much.

Are you cutting the various deck lockers apart to build them they look perfect ?

barry

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi Scopio

You make a bad kit look great.

Please keep us upto date with any other problems please and how you resolved them.

Great work more please when you can

Regards

Rob

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Hello, Scorpio.
Thanks for the information on the problems you have found with the kit. Indeed, a shame the model does not fit as well as it should, but you sure can't tell there are any problems by the photos you posted...she is looking splendid! :D
Jim

Ajax

Apr 20, 2004
The tower bridge looks superb, Scorpio! Like the others have said, your corrections to make the parts fit are perfect. No one looking at the pictures would ever know there were any problems with this model!

AJ

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Scorpio, I have to agree with Barry...she looks outstanding, as usual!
I love the photos you take, too, so very crisp, clear and shows off the details very nicely.
Did you use CA and any other trick to stiffen those outriggers on the bridge? (Notice how cleverly I am trying to find out Scorpio's construction tricks? :lol: )
Thanks for posting the update photos!
Jim

Scorpio

Mar 21, 2004
Germany / Aachen
www.Kartonist.de
Hello friends,
For the construction of Rodney I none uses photo etch kit. Everything is a cardboard.
I do a suggestion:
Write to me what interests you and I try to explain this how I have done this.

With the best greetings
Scorpio

Scorpio

Mar 21, 2004
Germany / Aachen
www.Kartonist.de
Hello friends,

As well as at that time with Bismarck has pleased me very much about the first mast, then now I have to put up the joy the first mast on the Rodney again. In the meantime, I also have the rangefinders
also ready.
Thus this looks

Greeting
Scorpio