Florida East Coast RR - Derailment photos

Arlaghan

Couple nights ago, stopped by a trackside derailment with a friend and snapped up some pics. By this point it was already cleared up and moved aside, but pretty devastating none the less! This particular photo looked like art to me, so I will start with this one for tonight. :D

Attachments

• rail-art-151.jpg
    rail-art-151.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 188

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Who told you could photograph my workbench during my latest wheel painting episode?:D

Cool photo!:thumb:

Arlaghan

The original photos are 2 megs each, so clicking on them even from DSL takes a while. I'll try to do one or more each visit until I've got all the good ones posted. ;) It's sort of like opening presents. I click one - I don't know what I will get. Today it looks like a pair of trucks - more parts for the junk box maybe? :D

Attachments

• rail-art-108.jpg
    rail-art-108.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 155

Arlaghan

Hmmm, that's a good question. I didn't really take the time to count them... it was pretty dark at the time but I would say at least 5, maybe 6 or so... I'm clicking through the pictures to see if one of our "nightshot" ones came out with a view of all the cars. It looks like some of them were still connected!

In the meantime, here's a truck that came off one of the hoppers:

Attachments

• rail-art-096.jpg
    rail-art-096.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 136

Arlaghan

Here we go... found one that shows a lot of cars... in this photo I count 6 cars, so I would venture to guess that there could have been 7 or 8. I do believe they were all hoppers, however.

Attachments

• rail-art-103.jpg
    rail-art-103.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 135