Floquil Weathering Paint Pens?

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
Anyone ever use them? i was browsing Through my Mico-Mark Catalog and i came across them. Says they have them in 3 sets of 3 pens for weathering....

Track Colors - Rail Brown, Railroad Tie Brown, and Rust
Structure Colors - Aged Concrete, Weathered Black, and Roof Brown
Earth Tones - Earth, Mud, and Grime

The sets are $7.29 each for 3 markers (1 set), says there 1/3rd of a fluid ounce....

I was thinking about getting each set of them and trying them out, the pic they show next to them shows a track weathered with the Track Colors set and it looks pretty good. Anyone ever used these before? What did you think about them and how well did they actually work? How does it compare to airbrushing weathered track?

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
I cannot comment on the Floquil pens, btu I have used a Testors paint pen for track. It's a rusty sort of brown with a "fine" tip. While the colour is good, the "fine" tip is not fine enough, and I find that I get a little too much excess paint on the plastic "spikes". This can be hidden somewhat by more weathering. The larger problem is the areas that the tips doesn't fit. Since the tip is fairly stiff, it's hard to get it into little corners, so while it puts paint on the spikes, the rail around the spikes is sometimes bare...

My $0.02.

Andrew