Flood! Part 2

Partsman

Even the smallest bit of water in a basement always seems like a flood. Yours is truly a flood. We have always had a minor leakage problem when the rains and winds team up from certain directions. Just last week, I finally had the problems repaired from the outside. I hope this will be an end of the water problems for me.

It looks like most of your RR equipment would have been high enough to escape any major damage Andy. I hope the clean-up reveals minor damage only. That's a lot of rain in a very short time. Wow!

Bill

roryglasgow

Ahh....to have a basement!

I bet there are a lot fewer mini-warehouse businesses in basement country.

I heard a realtor relate a story once about some people from Up North who were moving to Houston. They were telling him everything that they wanted in a house, and they said, "And we will NEED a basement." The realtor just laughed! :)

Garages are probably the closest thing that Texans have to basements.

-Rory

Partsman

Hi, Rory.

The basements in this part of Ontario are mostly finished and used as part of the daily living area. Recreation rooms, as we call them. I'm sitting is one of the basement rooms right now as I play on the computer.

I'm not sure what I'd do without a basement. I'd have to have a three car garage for all the stuff which everyone tends to accumulate. My single car, attached garage has everything in it but a car.

Bill

C

Catt

I have a single stall detached garage and there is a car in there somewhere.:D