Flight Sim BGL files

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by sruch, Aug 18, 2004.

1. Plastic Bonsai

Plastic Bonsai Member

It could be that but I have no idea what is missing. I'm trying a fresh build from the basics and so far it seems to be holding together - just have to somehow get the OpenGL to link to the window handle so you can see what you've converted - nearly there I think.

If you have any details on the x-plane format then I'll try and convert them as well.
  2. modelincard

modelincard Member

Unfortunately, all I know is that X-plane uses a unique format known as a .acf file. This may also contain more than just the 3D shape (panel, plane details). You can download a free plane from the .org website I mentioned earlier if you want to take a look (or try here: http://www.x-plane.org/registry/6318.shtml ). Sorry I can't be of more help.
    Happy hunting.
  3. Plastic Bonsai

Plastic Bonsai Member

I've picked up a couple of acf files and found some details of the file format. It's a binary file format which makes it a bit of a challenge but after I have the stand alone version going I may try it.
  4. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

I had a program at one time called ACF-Tools which converted X-Plane aircraft files to the format used by AC3D.

I lost the program when my back-up drive died on me.

If I recall, the program gave you a 3d version along with a text file version for some reason. Finding that program might help with the file format.
  5. Plastic Bonsai

Plastic Bonsai Member

I have had a look and I think the I have found the ACF Tool. It should be useful.

But first to get the program running on it's own!

Meanwhile if anyone wants a subject to try though please let me know.
  6. Plastic Bonsai

Plastic Bonsai Member

MDL Conversion Now Available

After about 8 attempts I have managed to get my UMC2 utility to work as a release version. I have limited it to .mdl(in only)/.mqo/.x and .msh(in only) formats for now. It can do a straight .mdl -> .mqo conversion but it offers some useful modification facilities as well.

Please e-mail me if you would like to try it.
  7. sandu

sandu Inactive Member

very interested!
  8. sandu

sandu Inactive Member

very interested!
  9. sandu

sandu Inactive Member

To be precise, mdt2dxf has some bugs that makes it unusable. The direct conversion to mqo raises my interest veery much.
  10. sandu

sandu Inactive Member

To be precise, mdt2dxf has some bugs that makes it unusable. The direct conversion to mqo raises my interest veery much.