flextrack blues

emt49

Jan 5, 2005
binghamton
hi all just need to vent and maybe get some tips.

i am bulding a new layout its 11'x14'x3'w . i am not verry good at laying flextrack so my buddy is helping out and i am gratfull but he is a truck driver and is home verry little and i want to run trains already. so tonight i went down to the basement and looked at the layout and i got the bright idea to try my hand at putting some track down. i dont think it came out verry well the sodering was good but i had trouble bending it to the curve. it took a hour to get that down and it just dosent look right. i hooked up some power and ran a loco over it it ran fine but it just dosent look as good as the ones layed befor guess ill just have to waight for the pro. :D

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
Hi emt49.
I have just layed some (my R/R is ready thread).

I laid the first section into the curve.
and pinnind down up to about 8 " from the end. Then I could cut the excess rail off and road bed, then pin it down.
Next dip two connecters the ends in to flux and slid them in place. The next flexy track shape in to a curve , it will hold it self some what, then offer it to the pinned section and mark and cut the excess ends to match.
the trick is to connect the two only DO NOT PIN IT IN PLACE rather let the curve have no strain.
Solder in place making sure the ends set even, then you can bring it into its position and pin it.

I finnish it off by taking a piece of the cut off road bed and shave the ribs flat slide it under the gap where the rail connects and pin it down .
Hope you can understand my ramblings.
Best off luck. :cool: