Flat and background buildings ?

Biased turkey

I'm looking for some "flat" buildings for a micro layout
I know Walthers have some N scale background buildings but it's mostly apartment buildings and I'm more interested in depots, warehouses and industrial buildings.
Coud I use the front part of their modular buildings for example ?
Is there any other manufacturer of such N scale items ?
Any weblink for n scale flat buildings I can download , print and glue on a piece of cardboard ?
Tia for any info.

nolatron

For my layout I'll either use some background buildings, or simple trim an existing kit (ie: George's printing that have) and make it a 3 wall "slim" building and keep the extra as scrap or something.

I never did look much into the Modular stuff Walther's has, but I may depending on what I need/want to put in an empty lot.

rogerw

someone posted with in the last week on here about doing a google search for images like "ware house" and printed them up for free. I think there might be some possibilities

Tommybza

I did find some thing a few days ago . He has some container cut outs did not look at every thing but it could give you some thing to check out look for the english tab at the botton left ,unless your German is good enough to get there it .good luck www.igshahsa.de

T.

Pooh Bah
BT: a number of English firms do "low relief" buildings in N scale. Metcalfe is the prominent one in Cardboard. There are also a lot of firms that make backdrops and bits to be added to backdrops.
Regular building kits can usually be mangled into low relief. You can make a fairly long factory by sticking all the sides and ends in a row; just need to make a roof. Or cut it on a diagonal: you bet an interesting angle and less complication putting a siding to it.

davidstrains

Here are a couple that I did built from invitation card stock and some of my old business cards. They are okay for background buildings.

Attachments

• matthyro freight0006.JPG
    matthyro freight0006.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 92
  • matthyro freight0005.JPG
    matthyro freight0005.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC00268.JPG
    DSC00268.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC00269 (2).JPG
    DSC00269 (2).JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 10

Herc Driver

You could try some of the DPM kits, cut them down to whatever size you need. Pike Stuff also has some good kits that would be easy to score and cut down to size. Both of these makers have some good industry and siding buildings to choose from.

Biased turkey

First, thanks to all The Gauge members who took some of their time to reply and who ( as always ) present wise suggestions .
I think i'll go the DPM way, they have the kind of structures I'm looking for.
I found a link to a company named Elfin Models. They sell completely flat background buildings. Some of their samples look even good enough to be downloaded and printed. Of course I'll have to reduce the pics to N scale.
O Scale Model Buildings Industrial 1
To Tommybza: thanks for the containers link , but I'm modeling the forties and fifties so containers would look inapropriate.

To davidstrains: Nice kitbashed background buildings but right now kitbashing is not on my "To do" list ( yet ). I'm building a small switching layout and just 1 of your kitbashed building would occupy the whole background :)