Flames of War papercraft

Propuh

Hello, I recently started to make paper models for Flames of war tabletop board game.
As those models are 1:100 making paper figures is kinda difficult, so any tips about where to find ww2 models printouts, and how to make infantry is welcomed. Here is photo of my few starting units and terrain pieces.

Attachments

• IMG_20160331_232314.jpg
    IMG_20160331_232314.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 70

Propuh

Thanks, yes, those vehicles are from that site.
This Raven guy made great job with that models

Propuh

I made more tanks an infantry, and spitfire plane

HP6PP9d.jpg

BpwdRdv.jpg

Propuh

Thanks Rhaven,
Praise from best world papercraft site administrator means a lot to me.

It's just beginning, as I have to make for German and US side minimum 600 points armies, and that means 5 US Sherman tanks, 3 German Panzer IV tanks, 4 Antitank guns, 4 MG Teams, and 4 command teams, and 10 infantry teams.
That is for 1/100 scale about 90 little 15mm dudes.
Besides that I have to make scenery: houses, rubble, fences, hedgehogs, roads, hills, trees, trees, forests...
But when I put it all together, it will be something.

From other side, I didn't take much care for visual impression, mostly white paper edges, as my kids would play with these models, and I focused on functionality.

Last edited:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
So, you're building your own military-industrial complex, eh? ;) Looks great, should be lots of fun. ;)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks Rhaven,
Praise from best world papercraft site administrator means a lot to me.

It's just beginning, as I have to make for German and US side minimum 600 points armies, and that means 5 US Sherman tanks, 3 German Panzer IV tanks, 4 Antitank guns, 4 MG Teams, and 4 command teams, and 10 infantry teams.
That is for 1/100 scale about 90 little 15mm dudes.
Besides that I have to make scenery: houses, rubble, fences, hedgehogs, roads, hills, trees, trees, forests...
But when I put it all together, it will be something.

From other side, I didn't take much care for visual impression, mostly white paper edges, as my kids would play with these models, and I focused on functionality.
I am looking forward to seeing the completion of this project!

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
I have to be honest, I I had these on my desktop, I would play with them, I'd probably even blow a few up with firecrackers, to have some burnt out wrecks. This looks like a lot of fun, and a lot of hard work. :)

p.s. Bigger pictures rule!!

Propuh

I finished my starting forces for Open Fire, German and US, now is time for making some terrain...

I'm not quite satisfied with my infantry, as they are some kind of 2.5D, from side they look skinny as paper

Some tips for finding free templates with ww2 houses and ruins in 1/100 scale would be nice, if someone knows :)

Attachments

• IMG_20160502_165608[1].jpg
    IMG_20160502_165608[1].jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20160502_165823[1].jpg
    IMG_20160502_165823[1].jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20160501_124731[1].jpg
    IMG_20160501_124731[1].jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 37

Propuh

I wanted to make M26 Pershing tank, but I haven't find any 1:100 templates, and I suck in Photoshop, so I took photos from that tank from net front-back-left-right-top, printed it and put together in tank model

Attachments

• IMG_20160507_002943.jpg
    IMG_20160507_002943.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 28

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Color those white edges, even in black, that would break the edges, and this was actually done, to destroy the Silhouette. Great "little" large Army your building here!! :)

Propuh

Zathros, thanks for advice.
I read about painting edges here on forum, but in beginning, I wanted to make more models in short time, to be able to play, so I wasn't so much careful.
Now I'm trying to avoid white edges, sometime I paint it with black marker, and sometimes with graphite pencil, to get metallic effect.
But because this models are playing toys for my kids and me, after I finish glueing parts, I apply glue layer over whole model, so I get glossy and almost plastic solid model.

Last edited:

Propuh

Close look to my 15mm infantry. It's kinda ugly because glue layer, but it looks good if it is far away :)

Attachments

• IMG_20160516_170518.jpg
    IMG_20160516_170518.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20160516_171202.jpg
    IMG_20160516_171202.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 23

Propuh

Königstiger.
I darkened edges,and now there Is no white paper siluettes.
But this model is somehow pale... It doesn't have sharp edges or black lines, so I'm not so satisfied how it looks like.

Attachments

• IMG_20160518_202627.jpg
    IMG_20160518_202627.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
The difference on quality of this model is astounding! Great workmanship, especially at the scale you are working at, The edges look great, it doesn't look like a plastic model, it looks like a TANK!! ;)