Fish Cannery

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
A while back I posted pictures of the real thing and it can be seen atFuture Structures
Here are photos of the N gauge model I have made.
As you know, I name my structures after NARA members.
This one will not be named until I mount it on the layout.
Any suggestions!!!

Attachments

• fc1.jpg
    fc1.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 264

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
Another awesome building, Robin! You put those styrene kits to shame! :)

I think a good candidate name would be Charlie's Tuna Fish Cannery, but you already have something named after him, right? :)

As usual Robin, another AWESOME structure!! As usual you take the simplest materials and produce something that few of us could even come close to matching. Acually I do have a question for you, what do you use for windows on your models? You are an icon and an inspiration to scratchbuilders all throughout the model railroad hobby.

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Originally posted by WVRR
As usual Robin, another AWESOME structure!! As usual you take the simplest materials and produce something that few of us could even come close to matching.... You are an icon and an inspiration to scratchbuilders all throughout the model railroad hobby.

Ed took the words right outa my mouth, Robin!
It's so realistic, my two cats are gathering around the computer! :D

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Thanks everyone for the very kind words about my models.
Ed, I draw windows, doors etc. using MS Paint and then print then out on my old Canon ink jet printer. I cut them out and glue them in place behind the window openings I have cut.
I find cardboard so much easier to use than styrene and it is also a lot cheaper. It takes time and requires patience but then that's true about anything we do with this great hobby.
This model is based on the real building standing at Basin Head, Prince Edward Island.