First Try

Herman

Ok... My first attempt at weathering anything. I think I achieved the rusty look and it seems to blend in with the scene (landscaping not finished in pics) however, it seems to be lacking something and I can't determine what it is, any suggestions?

Attachments

• mine.jpg
    mine.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 308

Tyson Rayles

Herman that looks :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: , keep in mind it will look even better when the scenery around it is finished. Welcome to the Gauge! :)

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
I think it looks good, especially the roofs. If there was anything to suggest I'd say how about some more individualized rust streaks coming from the eaves under the top roof?

Ralph

Woodie

Originally posted by Herman
it seems to be lacking something and I can't determine what it is, any suggestions?

A nice fresh garden salad would go well with the Leg of Ham Hill (in the bottom left corner of the first pic) :eek: :D :cool: :p

but looking good Herman. :)

Herman

Thanks for the responses and the advice it means a lot comming from this group ,and, in honor of Woodie that hill is now offically known as "leg of ham hill":)

Lightbender

Hello Herman,

First off, great stuff! my only criticism is that it it's very neat and tidy. A little detritus would help.
in honor of Woodie that hill is now offically known as "leg of ham hill"
far be it from me to question someones naming and titling skills and whilst I enjoy rustic and humourous, may I be so bold as to offer " Mont Le Gofham"

I have a hill made with a unique and clever technique that failed miserably, looks dreadful and getting rapidly hidden with scenery that is named "Jake Loff Hill". No prizes for guessing the construction method.

Welcome Herman....Looking forward to more of your work...don't be shy to post more pictures may I suggest you look at the Post "details ,details ,details"

Drew1125

Hi Herman!
Welcome to The Gauge! :) :wave:
That's some very nice modeling there! The structure & the trestle look great! :thumb:
Like Tyson mentioned, I think the only thing you really need here is a little more scenic detail...especially around the base of the structure...some dirt or sand, some ground cover, some weeds & trees...it's gonna look great!
Originally posted by Herman
....in honor of Woodie that hill is now offically known as "leg of ham hill":)
Where I come from, Herman, we'd call it Hog Leg Hill! :D ;)

jmarksbery

Welcome home Herman,
Like the others said, it looks fine, add the scenery around it and it will be fine. After all, like Charlie said it is high upon Hog Hill.
:thumb: :rolleyes: :wave: :thumb:

Herman

Thanks to all for the comments and suggestions. I've been working on the scenery over the weekend but since this is the first time through its taking a while to get the hang if it. Seems like it takes me as long to get the ground cover down as it does to grow real ground cover . :rolleyes: I'll try to get some progress pics up later this week.

Herman

Well, finally some progress. I still have to add some more buildings and kinda "junk" things up a bit but I'm hoping it doesn't look to bad for a first try. Now I have to get the camera manual out and find out how to stop the flash from overexposing the foreground.

Attachments

• 0012.jpg
    0012.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 49