first roll by

tetters

Rail Spiking Fool!
I'm sure glad that pesky train finally got out of the way. It was blocking the view of that awesome coal mine facility!

:D

Herc Driver

Those rocks look amazing!!! I swear, you get the just the right lighting in those pictures and you're "gonna fool all the people all the time."

Can't give you enough compliments on that layout...it looks really good.

Wonderful weathering on the train too. The UP and NP boxcars look all rusted up and tired.

Nazgul

Thanks guys
Herc...I appreciate the complements, especially when they come from a modeler of your ability and artistry:thumb: :thumb: your work always blows me away.
the weathered boxcars were done by Deano (that's why they look so good!) I did the weathering on the 0-8-0. I have yet to weather rolling stock:eek:ops:
Thanks again

Herc Driver

Well jump in! Looks like you used an airbrush to dirty up the tender and steamer and they both look good. I like the treatment you gave the tender...the coloring goes with the scenery and it makes sense.

Oh...you're way too kind - I just try to take good pictures of my mediocre layout. (I'm still learning how to mix, vary and improve the scenery to make it believable.) But thanks for the kind words just the same. BTW, my kids came in last night while I was reviewing your layout thread and thought the mountains, rocks, waterfall and train were real. I had to show them all of the build-up pictures before they were convinced it was a layout.

Nazgul

Herc...
Some day I would like to achieve that kind of realism (already I see many flaws in my early rockwork).
To be honest, I only weathered the 0-8-0 and tender because I had to re-letter them. I probably would have waited, as I am with the rolling stock, because all my energy is in trying to get the layout into a semi-finished state. I had originally planned on heavily weathering the engine. As I applied "road dirt", I found that I liked the way it looked and couldn't bring my self to go any further. So now she is a "hard working and well maintained" little engine. Here's a link to a clearer pic:
http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/nazgul-np/?action=view&current=Rollby001.jpg
You can say what ever you want to about your work...I've seen it, and it is excellent! If your layout is mediocre...what chance do the rest of us have;)

Berraf...
Thank you for the kind words!:thumb:

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
great layout nazgul!!those are some of the most realistic pics ive ever seen!they rival proffesional modeling.but the part i like the best is that mining facilitie,very nice weathering on the mine,and the engine.hope to see more pics soon!

Nazgul

bigsteel...
if you would like to see more pics, click on the gallery link in my signature...it not totally up to date...but it's close:thumb:

steamhead

Hey Steve,

I concur with Tetters, that mine is really awesome...!!! Seems like we've all focused on your scenery and trackwork but paid little attention to your structures. What little we've seen is right up there with the rest...!!!

Keep it up...!!!:thumb:

Nazgul

we've all focused on your scenery and trackwork but paid little attention to your structures. What little we've seen is right up there with the rest...!!!
that's because..what little you've seen...is all I got!.....LOL
I've got 2 structures and you've seen em both....hopefully that is gonna change soon.

Gus...thank you for the kind words......as Ed Norton would say: "you are one of nature's noblemen".....

Nazgul

I thank you and your son for the complement:) ....also, tell your son his picture just got another vote:thumb:

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Sweet!:thumb: :thumb:

The rocks look great! I really enjoyed the train and the weathering on the tender and the boxcars!