First project completed!! MW4 Madcat

CascadeOverload

Jul 17, 2010
Toronto Canada
So I'm only a week into the papercraft hobby and finished my first project. My fiancee thinks I'm even more of a geek than she though previously and my 4yr old daughter thinks I'm cool as hell.. lolz!

I figured I would start small and work up into more difficult models. So I started with the Madcat from Mechwarrior 4. I grabbed the model posted over at the MekTek forums. So after a week of work, here at home and at the shop, I've got it finished and took some pics. Thinking that I may enlarge this model and do up a more detailed version.

Anywho...onto some pics....

importedphotos00006.jpg

importedphotos00005.jpg

importedphotos00008w.jpg

importedphotos00007.jpg

importedphotos00011.jpg

importedphotos00008copy.jpg

importedphotos00016.jpg

silveroxide

Aug 22, 2007
Fayetteville NC
Good work on the Madcat. I have this one in the back burner. The legs of these mechas I have found are a bit flimsy and cannot take too much handling. Making a thick base and attaching the model to it, gives it stability. One thing that I do, is laminate the leg parts heavily also. With this model, when I get around to it, I will also probably attempt to build the cockpit. It lends itself to be modified.

blaar

Mar 9, 2008
Nice ......... Now you can start building the rest of the MW4 mechs.

Cantaris is close to releasing the Awesome.

I built his Victor a while back modding it with some horns. Don't think there is another Victor resembling a viking in the field.

Attachments

• vic_3d_821.jpg
    vic_3d_821.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 16