First post

C&O Fan

Hello,

I've been watching this forum for a while, and finally decided to join. I have been inspired by all of the works in the Scratchin and Bashin section. I have received the most inspiration, I think, from Ray Marinaccio's posts. I included a project of my own. This is a Rivarossi 0-6-0 with a MDC tender. I was in Ohio during Memorial Day weekend when there was a large townwide yard sales (usual for that weekend). I found this locomotive in a box with many other pieces of HO scale equipment in a building. I bought the whole box of stuff (including a Roundhouse Shay) for $10.00. It is a good runner, but was missing the tender and front coupler. The MDC tender came from Walthers (last of their stock), and still needs to be finnished. I plan on adding detail parts to the boiler in place on the molded-on details along with a paint job. I've also bought a junker from e-bay and should hopefully get it next week. Nice to meet all of you.

Attachments

• camera 202.jpg
    camera 202.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 17

shaygetz

C&O Fan said:
I have received the most inspiration, I think, from Ray Marinaccio's posts.

Yeah, Ray does that to people...we try to make him stop :D In all truth he keeps me pretty busy too.

Welcome to The Gauge, great work on that shifter :thumb:

N

nachoman

detailing steamers is fun. Well, detailing anything is fun :) There are plenty of brass details you can add - but I would start with a bell :) Just about my whole fleet is bashed or modified in some way.

kevin