First Pix

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
Having made the table, I am trying differnt ideas since I dont have a deffinate plan.

I think I will make a loop of 18 " track that loops thru the tipple and add a mountain and tunnle later...who knows:mrgreen:

HOtippleboard008.jpg

HOtippleboard013.jpg

HOtippleboard012.jpg

I have a town boxed up that is loosley based on Thrumund, WV that I would like to use but also enough sawmill items to cover the board alone. This started out as a loop of track and a Roundhouise Shay engine. Now I have enough junk to fill a double bay garge layout.

I have 3 Shays and some two dozen engines, if my wife knew the dog and I would bein the garage with it for sure and on a 24 hour basis.

At leat my camping gear is out there, I wont starve:mrgreen:
HOtippleboard009.jpg

waredbear

Mar 13, 2007
Spokane Valley, WA
Looking good. Be careful of the lay-out being on the floor. My son-in-law started an N layout this weekend. He left it on the floor and his son (10 months old) tore it up last night. :cry:

lesson learned....

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
I have 3 Shays and some two dozen engines, if my wife knew the dog and I would bein the garage with it for sure and on a 24 hour basis.
Wives.... The biggest hazzard to the railroad modeling industry. :D

My son-in-law started an N layout this weekend. He left it on the floor and his son (10 months old) tore it up last night. :cry:
And infant children would be bringing in a close second. :eek:

:D

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
She is a keeper.
Lays by me all day while I play, er..I mean work.

I may put legs on it if I keep it.

Depends..

It is meant to double as a platform for the under tree O gauge set this Christmas so I am not going to attach a lot of stuff to it.

Any suggestion as to painting it as underlayment for soil, grass and gravel? What colors? OD green, grey???

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
She is a keeper.
Lays by me all day while I play, er..I mean work.
I may put legs on it if I keep it.
Which one?
The layout or the dog?
:D

Gill Finn said:
It is meant to double as a platform for the under tree O gauge set this Christmas so I am not going to attach a lot of stuff to it.
Any suggestion as to painting it as underlayment for soil, grass and gravel? What colors? OD green, grey???
If it's going under the tree, I wouldn't worry about putting legs on it.
Well... Unless you have a very short tree.
As far as scenery goes, if it's a Christmas layout, why not just go with a can of spray on snow?

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
The last two years I used that foam snow in the bags and it ippacted my vaume cleaner motor and burned it up.

I want to use it for my old Lionel tains at Christmas.

I have pre and post war plus standard gauge I rotate from year to year.

PolareExpress012.jpg