First models and loco

BrianK

Well, this isn't a big deal or anything, but the house and truck are my first models. The house is a laser-cut wood model and the truck is pewter. These are N scale, which I like due to the small size, but after doing these two, I will be moving to HO when I get older...

I also finally got a steam engine. I fooled around with trains about 4-5 years ago, but I am now taking a more serious approach and felt I needed a serious engine to get me started. The detail on this thing is amazing. I eventually want to weather it, but I bought a couple junk engines to test on first.

I love seeing pictures of other people's work, engines, cars, etc so I figured why not post mine :D

Attachments

• first_models.jpg
    first_models.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 155
  • 2662_front.jpg
    2662_front.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 154
  • 2662_side.jpg
    2662_side.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 155

BrianK

And here's a shot which shows off the engine's detail a bit better

Attachments

• 2662_detail.jpg
    2662_detail.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 155

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Nice looking engine! And the house and truck are great too! Congratulations on diving in! :thumb:

I understood that the C&O put all that gear on the front of the smoke box to allow the biggest diameter boiler they could get through their tunnels...! Very :cool:

Andrew

L

lester perry

Nice stuff can't believe it is N scale. Hey Bob its not an Alleghany its a 2-6-6-2 mallet. used it in the coal fields.
Les

BrianK

Wow, thanks for the compliments guys! Hopefully I get the same responses when I start scratch building :p

The house was a Branchline laser-cut wood kit that I painted and ever-so-slightly weathered. I got some paper shingles from Model's In Scale because the shingles that came with the kit... well... looked more like plastic bricks. You can't really see them from that angle though.

Art67

Nice work Brian. That is one sharp looking engine you have there. Nice work on the structure as well

Stuart

brakie

Sweet! Nice!
Yup those 2-6-6-2s worked the coal fields..One of their many bailiwicks was working out of the Peach Creek Yard near Logan W.Va.
Just for fun information :Some of the C&O 2-6-6-2s was ex Hocking Valley Class A-1 mallets numbers 200-204 and 205-209.C&O numbers 1275-1279 and 1280-1284 in the H3 class..:D

L

lester perry

Larry
My Uncle was a fireman out of the Peach Creek yard during steam. He became an engineer with diesels. When I was around 11 or 12 he was switching in the yard, I went to visit him. My Aunt took me to the yard and he put me at the controls of the locomotive he was running. I GOT TO RUN A REAL TRAIN. Probably about 3/4 of a mile down empty track at the Peach Creek yard. Then he took controls and I got to ride with him for about an hour as he switched coal cars around. Then we went to his house. I still remember that __ years later. :thumb:
Les

brakie

Les,You just became my new best C&O friend.I have several questions about Peach Creek.
Mind if I pm or e mail you? You see my goal is to model a cut down version of Peach Creek.