First Gauge BBQ

Arlaghan

Sep 9, 2003
S. FL
It was a great event, and I'm certainly up for the second BBQ! (Whenever and wherever that may be!)

It was so great to meet Pete, Robin, and of course Val!

And I just gotta add, that pictures do not do the modules justice. You just simply got to see them in person to appreciate them. I hope that we can continue to work on modules and add to this already great event in the future!

Toronto was a great place to vacation in, I thoroughly enjoyed myself while there. I'm a little bummed at being back in Miami. :rolleyes: :D

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
It was great to meet Alex and see his fantastic Chevron gas station and his Wendys.....Pete's module is impresive
and we thank you, Robin, but come on! not only have you built, so well, out of cardboard......you've built SO MUCH!! Not only the module, which, by the way, was fantastic!, but a whole layout full!........with backgrounds! :thumb: :thumb:
Then.........there's the host and perpetrater of the BBQ, Val, who just happens to be somewhat of an excellent modeler......I mean,, coffee cups (with coffee) on the restaurant tables! And.....the store window displays! :thumb: :thumb:
Youse guys what didn't make it to the party,.......missed a party!
Thanks Val, and Alex(and family), and Robin, we may not have much time together, but what there was, was well worth the long two days on the road.
Oh, yeah, me and the car, and the module, all made it home safe. I'll have to start a penny jar to pay for next years "event".
Pete

HHAAARRRRRR, and fall on.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
I realized I haven't mentioned Val's amazing urban scene layout under construction. Abundant factories all modelled after real factories that do or used to exist in Toronto. You have seen her concrete work with cracked surfaces. So real it makes you feel llike you could step into the scene. What is eye catching are the interior details Val adds to her buildings. Then there is her NMRA award for kitbashing. Great work Val

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Thanks Robin - your layout's not so bad either!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Pete, that's a neat photo - thanks. Pete and I spent Sunday afternoon as Robin's guests railfanning and checking out his awesome layout. We spent the evening talking trains. Pete gave me an impromptu tutorial on all the parts and workings of a steam engine, then we talked about ways of converting my P2K 0-8-0 to a more prototypical CN appearance.

The very next day, while looking through my CN Lines Sig magazines for some reference photos, I found an entire article devoted to that exact conversion!!!!

Next stop is the LHS to spend my b'day cash!!!

Val