First Gauge BBQ

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Well fellow Gaugers, the 1st Annual Gauge BBQ is now history - and a good time was had by all!

Sumpter250 and Matthyro (aka Pete and Robin) brought their NTrak modules along.

Robin's was a corner with passenger station and various small town structures, all scratchbuilt, all totally evocative of small-town Ontario.

Pete's was a dry-dock with ships being built, travelling cranes sharing track with narrow gauge, and a super-detailed bascule bridge.

Alex brought his famous Chevron Station.

Spitfire (aka your gracious hostess) served up the burgers while the guys hooked the modules together. We ran some trains on the modules, and then we ran Pete's double header on my more or less just started layout.

It was fun!

Tomorrow Alex flies back to Miami, and Pete and I are going to visit Robin's layout.

Stay tuned for further developments.

Val

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
Dave Flinn said:
I, too, had to miss the great event and will eagerly await some pictures (of course someone DID take some, didn't they?). Sounds like you all had a great time. Maybe I can make the next one.

I sure hope we can plan for another one next year. I have an empty calendar to work with.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Val's BBQ weekend

This was part of Val (Spitfires) BBQ weekend when Val and Pete (Sumpter250) came to Georgetown Sunday to visit the MAT and do some rail fanning.
Here we are at the Georgetown Station as a CN freight came barrelling through.

Attachments

• vp.jpg
    vp.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 157

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
A huge thanks to Val for organizing this event. You did very well Val and it is too bad that some had to drop out.
It was great to meet Alex and see his fantastic Chevron gas station and his Wendys. Just amazing to see these excellent models in person. Alex is truly a master at scratchbuilding.
Pete's module is impresive with the busy shipyard with dry dock and the amazing lift bridge.
A fun event and I was very pleased to be able to attend.
Thanks Val