First Design: MiG-15

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by Romanator, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Romanator

Romanator Member

Here is a step by step of what i did to make the wings: First I add cylinder with only 14 to 16 vertices. Then I reposition the vertices to match the cross section of the wings. Then I stretch out the wing to the proper sweep and length. I then scale the end to the proper cross section. I extrude the points and move vertices to create the tip. I finally extrude the root of the wing and scale it up to create the wing/fuselage joint fairing.
    I hope it makes sense. I am making all of this stuff up as I go, so I understand if what I am doing here seems strange.:mrgreen:

Attached Files:

2. Romanator

Romanator Member

the rest of the pics

Attached Files:

3. Romanator

Romanator Member

I realized my pictures are rather small because of the 4 screen split. Here is one full sized photo of everything so far.

Attached Files:

4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I love how this is coming together!
    Chris
  5. Romanator

Romanator Member

Thanks Chris

I might be getting ahead of myself, but i was wondering if when (or if :rolleyes: ) I finish the plane, that it could be posted as a free download on your site (or another is fine) I would like to offer it so I can get feedback and make my subsequent designs better. ( not to mention that it's pretty cool to get your work on then internet) :twisted:
  6. Soaring

Soaring Middle School Student

Wow! Beautiful! Amazing! I'm running out of compliments...

So you're using Blender? I think I'll try it, see if I can match your modelship. Which I probably can't ;)

I'd love to see this one added to the shop, (You're just doing us all a favor if it's free ;) )
  7. Romanator

Romanator Member

Thanks everyone for the kind comments!

Just to let everyone know, I have been working, but less frequently because of studying. Also, this part was pretty difficult to create, but it seems to have turned out ok.

Anyway, here is the progress: intake splitter! Next I plan to do the elevator and then cannons.

Attached Files:

8. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

great. the way you did the wing is awsome. i never would have thought to do it that way. but i am going to try that next time!thanks:)
  9. Romanator

Romanator Member

Here is a small update. I am sorry for not getting back to this for such a long time. I have been very busy with studies and other fun stuff of that nature. Here is the progress so far: Three mega-cannons and the bulb thingy on the upper part of the nose intake (I'm not sure what it's for).

Attached Files:

10. Romanator

Romanator Member

And because it's Halloween, I'll throw in a bonus picture, Spooky!

I carved it myself, only my second pumpkin. :mrgreen:

Attached Files:

11. Werner Smuts

Werner Smuts Member

Comming on extremely nice!
    Can't wait to see it built!
  12. exzealot

exzealot Member

Looking good so far.

The shapes and silouettes look accurate to me.

Ken
  13. Romanator

Romanator Member

Hi guys, here is a new update. Sorry that it has been so long now, but I've not been finding the time to work. Hopefully winter break will change things.

I finished the tail section. Now all I need to do are wing fences, cockpit, landing gear and wheel wells and other details. Oh, and I have to redo the guns because they disappeared! :cry:

With this, ( and after I redo the guns ) the major structural design is complete. What I would like to do is intersect planes into the wings and fuselage to create the formers and the wing fences, and I could also intersect boxes or other shapes to form the wheel wells/cockpit and contour them to the wings/nose properly. But I am hopelessly lost on how to do this. Furthermore, I can't seem to get the unfold plugin to work. :confused:

So here are the latest pictures:

Attached Files: