First Build in Non-Plastic

gwc

Feb 2, 2015
Hi All

Recently, last year purchased a 1/16 Leo 2A6. I wanted this to represent a Canadian Leo 2A6M used in Afghanistan (that and I use to be a Canadian tanker).One issue was creating the ECM and weapons boxes that rest on the turret. Knowing how expensive plastic can be and if you make a mistake the cost increases. I thought cardboard, cereal boxes to be exact. Never in my mind did I think paper. So, over a period of months and failures, it finally all came together. The bolts are spaghettini noodles. The ventilation slots are all cut out by hand. This is the 5th version. So, my first "paper model" and my first posting. So, let the madness start. I'll be intermittent in my builds and posts, but I'll be reading and learning from all of you.

Attachments

• IMG_0675.jpg
    IMG_0675.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0676.jpg
    IMG_0676.jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0678.jpg
    IMG_0678.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: Chris74

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Dang, that's your first?!? You have a really bright future in card modeling if you can make something like that! Fantastic! Welcome to Zealot! :)

Reactions: Chris74

gwc

Feb 2, 2015
Thank you. I did find it labour intensive but extremely satisfying and that propelled me into the new hobby of paper models. Until I searched never thought of it. As the summer is fast approaching, time on the bench will decrease greatly, but will dabble to keep nimble. Once I start a project I'll take photos and post.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
You will find yourself expanding outward in ideas as what to make. With your ability, anything is possible. I suggest you make copies, (scan) pieces, so they can be reproduced iIn the event you wish to share your work, or need to fix a part. :)