First attempt at scenery whatd o you think?

Edavillenut

well this is my frist attempt at scenery i used the woodland scenics method along with dave Frary's method and this is what i came up with so far still hhave to finish off the tunnel protal and the water fall and river/lake then build the tresel bridge and lay the rest of the track then on to the next section

layout3.jpg

layout2.jpg

layout1.jpg

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Good for you Shawn . You did really well for your first attempt. Next we expect to see some trains.

L

LuckyFind

I love it. It looks like one of the pictures from woodlands website. Must have taken forever!

Edavillenut

im building it in sections at my store the bringing it home to put it in my room. that section that only took about 6 hours to do

Edavillenut

thanks guys what you said means alot after seeing the stuff you guys do i never dreamed of being able to do it and make it look real boy was i wrong it is so easy well what i have done sofar now i have to add trees and bushes

belg

Shawn it looks like your an old pro at scenery already, the potential is really great for what you have planned. One big tip for the future water its not going to be "BLUE". Keep your eyes open and look at nature is the best way to represent realism, if you have a camera w./ all the time if you see something you like take some shots of it for later recall. I see what looks like a bunch of kits or rolling stock on the shelf just like all of us, the to do shelf we call it around here. What are you stowing up there?? Good luck and keep up the good work, Pat

golfdufr

Hope to be as talented as you

I just joined and was looking for information to build a series of mountains with flatlands for the railroad and department 56 buildings. What did you use for the mountain? Is it hollow all the way through so I could put cords down into it? Will flat ares support the weight of sevearl buildings?

How do I get started?

A cry in the night from a golfdufr:wave:

Edavillenut

the mountin is built using the woodland scenics system its balls of newspaper.

the boxes you see in the back are over stock, the pics are in the back room of my store. i am the owner of a hobby store