first and second models EVER

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by bazookie, Dec 8, 2006.

1. charliec

charliec Active Member

Don't know Sydney - I'm north of the NSW border. Try office supplies and stationers in your local area. Scrapbooking/craft shops often carry card but their prices are usually way inflated.

Regards,

Charlie
  2. bazookie

bazookie Member

hey... i finally finished the walker from sf papercraft. a few mistakes but overall very happy with the results. again, sorry for the bad pictures, fone camera limitations.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

my next project is a lens head reconaisance robot :twisted:
  3. rockpaperscissor

rockpaperscissor Member

Nice job bazookie - I have the files for that model and it's definitely in my to do list. Did you glaze the cockpit glass? How about the paper? Still using regular weight printer paper or have you tried card stock? I have printed out the Dreadnought from Warhammer 40K and am about ready to start building. It's a pretty complicated kit, with no directions, so it should be a real challenge. I am anxiously awaiting Zeck's new releases over at the mechwarrior forum. He plans on including full cockpits in some of the kits. That'll take the paper 'mech genre to a whole new height.
    Keep up the good work!
    Regards,
    Don
  4. bazookie

bazookie Member

no it is still normal paper, i can't find any cardstock... i know officeworks has them but officeworks are hard to find. i didn't know what to use fore the cockpit so i just left it. can i use gladwrap?
  5. rockpaperscissor

rockpaperscissor Member

I suppose Gladwrap could have been used if you could have gotten it taut enough without distorting your thin weight paper. For the flat glass surfaces on the Gun Walker, I would use thin clear plastic or mylar. Any stationery store (or the stationery department of any good sized store) should have overhead transparency film - of course, you don't need 25 sheets of film, so a single clear protective report cover would be a lot less expensive and would work just as well. Just cut your windows a little large than needed wherever possible so you can apply glue in the hidden areas. It's probably too late to glaze this beasty now, since your model is already built, but I'm sure there'll be another one in the works before too long - you have caught the bug my friend.

Regards,
    Don
  6. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

1. Your thread title is now wrong ... =P (3 first models)
    2. You can use anything for clear canopys. (Plastic from a CD Wrapper is good).
  7. bazookie

bazookie Member

hahaha.... thanks guys. im currently making my lens head robot. xD looks awesome i just have to make he legs and put it all together...

yes when i get cardstock, i will sure to be making the walker again. i was thinking of transparency's aswell so i'll pick up some of those then i get my paper.