Finished my first model - Duey, from "Silent Running"!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by astrospud, Apr 12, 2008.

1. astrospud

astrospud Member

Hi Folks,
    Just thought I'd post pics of my first completed model: Drone 1, aka "Duey" from the 70's classic, "Silent Running". This model was designed by none other than Shunichi Makino of SF Papercraft website. An awesome talent, in my mind.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I chose to have "him" tending to the plants with a watering can, as captured in the last few minutes of the movie. As my wife says; "It's just too cute!" :mrgreen:

Come to think of it, while I post this, this is actually my second finished model. The first was just an exercise in whether I could complete a project. As I used to build plastic kits as a boy, I have learnt that I am my worst critic and the outcome has to be good. The model I speak of is the Ares Mars Glider by NASA:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I have my "Homeworld 2" projects to move onto now. I have started both the Higaraan Torpedo Frigate, and Higaaran Bomber. I will definintely post pics when I'm done. I hope it won't be too long. :)

Thanks for taking the time to view! :wave:
  2. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

I love the watering can! Great presentation and nicely done work also. Welcome again and thanks for the pictures!
  3. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

Nice model of Duey. How about the other two?:mrgreen:
  4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Great work! Thanks for sharing :)
  5. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Nice job on the Heuy unit, I too like the watering can.:thumb: