Fingers Crossed & A Prayer

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
The engineer of this K&I switcher is really earning his pay today, as he eases his branchline consist over a mountain stream on this aging timber trestle.:eek:

Attachments

• mvc-013f.jpg
    mvc-013f.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 152

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
You know Charlie, there something special about a timber trestle, Rickety or not. I just love the scene, great scenery as well as a nice photo.
Shamus
wink.gif

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Charlie,
I'm confused, didn't I see an old picture of that same trestle, being crossed by an american 4-4-0???
Are you using Kettlestacks embalming fluid instead of creosote on those trestle bents???
Oh! It's a "stone" trestle, not aging, fossilized!!:D :D :D :D

Beautiful shot!, the river looks great!
Pete

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Hey,
Thanks to everyone for all the kind words! :)
Ralph,
The "water" is 4 or 5 coats of acrylic gloss medium...
Drew,
You're right to be worried about the weight! It's 1960 here in K&I country (no SD40's yet), & that trestle is going into its 7th decade of service...it was designed for much smaller equipment, & much to the train crews' relief, it will soon be replaced by a steel & concrete structure.

Drew Toner

Mar 2, 2002
McLennan, Alberta, Canada.
Visit site
Originally posted by Charlie
Drew,
You're right to be worried about the weight! It's 1960 here in K&I country (no SD40's yet), & that trestle is going into its 7th decade of service...it was designed for much smaller equipment, & much to the train crews' relief, it will soon be replaced by a steel & concrete structure.

Hey, 70 years for a wooden trestle, you gotta like that!! Look forward to seeing the new one as it's being built;) ;)

Drew