Finger Lakes Railfair This Weekend

Dave Flinn

Dec 26, 2000
Lansing, NY USA
www.lehighvalleyrr.com
For anyone who is in the Central New York area, or wants to take a trip this weekend, the 21st annual Finger Lakes Railfair will be taking place on Saturday and Sunday, starting at 10 am both days. This event is sponsored by the Cornell Railroad Historical Society/Cornell Chapter NRHS and will take place at The Field, approximately six miles north of Ithaca, on Route 34. Yours truly will be hosting a table featuring the New Haven Railroad Historical and Technical Association, the Danbury Railway Museum and the SoNo Switch Tower Museum of the Western Connecticut Chapter NRHS. If you come, please stop by the table and introduce yourself. Further information can be found on the CRHS website www.lehighvalleyrr.com.

coachsig

Feb 15, 2002
Sebring, FL
Dave,

:) :) Would love to attend......however, :( :( I am in Florida:cool: :cool: .

I seem to miss your open house/show every year! I get up during our spring break (before Easter) and then when school is out down here (end of May). My daughter graduates from Newark Valley this year. She is in Lansing on a fairly regular basis for track meets! Small world!!!!!

CoachSig

coachsig

Feb 15, 2002
Sebring, FL
Duh............ How could I forget!!!!!!!
My "middle" daughter works at Cornell...Admin. Asst. (Sec) in the ??AstroPhysics?? building!

CoachSig

Dave Flinn

Dec 26, 2000
Lansing, NY USA
www.lehighvalleyrr.com
Running One Train on Two Tracks

Ok guys. I'm going to try to respond to a couple of different points in one message.

For interurben: I'll try to post a report, but I don't know about pictures. I hope to take some, but don't know how much time I'll have to do so. Also, I've never tried posting pictures here, so I'd have to look into the "how to".

For coachsig: Sorry you'll miss the show; but let me know when you're going to be in the area, and perhaps we can get together. The CRHS normally meets on the second Tuesday evening of the month at 7 pm at the Sciencenter, just off Route 13 in Ithaca; and I live out in Lansing, two miles past the schools. Problem is, I plan to be away May 20 - June 4, which might be just the time you're here.