finally started my layout!!!!!!

LR&BRR

Dec 29, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
home.ec.rr.com
woo hoo finally !!! i have built the frames three 2' x4' modules. layed out in an L shape. i found a nice track plan on a site. slightly modifiyrd to fit the space. i have just completed laying cork road bed on the main line.so far i think it looks good in my mind i see the steam engines running round and round woo wooooooo. tomorrow i will lay track using code 80 flex track. and will have just two passing sidings. i dont plan on running two trains at once but i will have two on the track ready to go. and i am going to have a least a small area for my atlas two truck shay to do some logging or mining not sure which. but anyway. i hope tomorrow to runn my first train.

:) :D

LR&BRR

Dec 29, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
home.ec.rr.com
thank you all for the encuragement. i spent a large part of tonight laying track on the layout. :D

i am using flex track code 80 from atlas i started on the curves first. i am spacing the track joiners about 2 inches apart to offset the joints on the track hopefully the gauge will stay better. (read this somewhere not sure where):eek:ops:

i must say this is great fun for me i have always loved trains. now to be creating my own empire small as it is; is exciting.

the layout is going to have four sidings total not much into switching at this time sorry guy who like the real railroad experience. personally i just want to watch the trains go by.

to anyone that has any knowledge on it is three feet long by about 20 inches wide a passable switchback space for like a small logging line gots to have some place for my shay to play. if not any ideas are appreciated.

well that is it for now i am taking pics as i go to document the progress. i will post them as soon as i get them below the 70 kb limit. or a web site somewhere is it polite to mention railimages on the gauge ? if not i appologize to the moderators. am just a newbie here.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Welcome to the Gauge Harry
Your excitement about your layout is infectious Will look forward to hearing more of your progress.
No problem mentioning rail images here. I have used it myself.
You can also add images here if you wish. Check out "Adding Images " at the top of the page.

LR&BRR

Dec 29, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
home.ec.rr.com
woooo woooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have the start of the pictures on line at:D

http://www.railimages.com/gallery/harryrichardson

the first is the track plan i found on the net somewhere if anyone recognizes where it is from please let me know i want to give credit where due.:)

the right and left ends have a 11" radius curves the back center is 23" radius the three front curves on the layout have a 13.5" radius.

i tried to get a close shot of the offset in the joints of the flex track but so far no luck i will keep trying.

i am putting power feeders at about every three feet in the joints.

this so cool guys in my mind i am running the trains already. i worked on the track laying till 1 am last night. lost track(n scale of course) of time it seems lol

LR&BRR

Dec 29, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
home.ec.rr.com
hello all i hav up loaded a few more picture and micro plans that i am considering for my layout. i tried to upload the revised track plan but the file was corrupted on my floppy disk darn the bad luck:curse: i will try again tomorrow.

i have since found out that original plan is from john armstrong called the relaxed and sceniced or is that the other way around but anyway .

please feel free to look at the new pics and the micro layouts i am thinking of incorporating.

thank you all for your support!:D :D :D

LR&BRR

Dec 29, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
home.ec.rr.com
good evening all :sleeping: just finished laying more track and three switches on the layout.

I think i have only five more feet of flex track and two switches to lay and the main line will be completed. :D :D :D

woooo hoooooo baby model trains are the best.

sorry am a little punch drunk here. been up late the last few nights (working on the layout) easy to loose n scale track of time.

one of the pics shows an experiment i tryed

i want rerailers everyso often on the main line so i tried putting the rerail section from a short rerailer from atlas in the middle of a piece of flex track this actually worked though it did take some time and patience. only two more to do like that. :rolleyes:
well i think i am going to bed for the night. lay more track in my dreams!:thumb:

LR&BRR

Dec 29, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
home.ec.rr.com
:D

wow everyone this train stuff is addictive. i have laid another four feet of track and another switch.

four more feet and one more switch and the main line will be done. woooooo hoooooooo baby harry's got a train layout.:D

to all those who might care i measured the length of the mainline track and it comes out to 27 feet. not sure how long that is in "n scale" miles but hopefully one of you nice people will help me on that.

LR&BRR

Dec 29, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
home.ec.rr.com
Ladies and Gentleman, Boys and Girls, Flora and Fauna, a new milstone has just occured the final right of way has been aquired and the work has been completed on the new mainline . I am proud to announce that the LR & B RailRoad is now ready. woo hoo :D

LR&BRR

Dec 29, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
home.ec.rr.com
I am happy to report that as of 11:54 pm EST January 29th 2004 the mainline of the LR&B RailRoad was completed by our talented and hard working track laying crew. The maineline track work was completed ahead of schedule and on budget. Work continues to progress on the sidings leading to the towns and industries that our line will support. If the present work by our crews is taken as a benchmark; then this work will progress faster then expected.

Once again I would like to thank the crew of the LR&B RailRoad for their unwavering support in getting this project completed on time.

Harry A. Rchardson
President and CEO of the LR&B RR