Finally some pics of the TRV Railroad

capt_turk

Nov 14, 2004
Green Cove Springs, Fla.
Finally found the camera. Too much stuff in too little space. I've changed my theme to Oilfield rail roading. I found thru recent research that the railroad commissions actually were the controlling body for the early oilfields. I spent almost twenty years running boats in the Louisiana offshore oilfields. Kinda hard to model trains offshore, so, the layout depicts the early railroads that ran from the southern Oklahoma and Texas oilfields to the ports along the Texas, Louisiana coasts.
I haven't figured out how to post the pics here, but, anyone interested can find them at:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HOinaRV

capt_turk

Nov 14, 2004
Green Cove Springs, Fla.
One more try with the photos

After much experimentation, aggravation, and frustration, maybe the blasted photos will work now.

Attachments

• tunnel reduced.jpg
    tunnel reduced.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 141
  • Bridge reduced.JPG
    Bridge reduced.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 143
  • Oilco reduced.JPG
    Oilco reduced.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 141
  • Derrick reduced.JPG
    Derrick reduced.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 143

capt_turk

Nov 14, 2004
Green Cove Springs, Fla.
Finally!!!! As you can see, I've just gotten started with the layout. There has been a lot of doing, and redoing, as I've learned what the heck I'm doing. "Boy, doesn't that describe life in general?"
Anyway, my father went to Oklahoma in the last land rush. He worked for Kerr Megee for many years as a guager in north eastern Oklahoma. He also built many wooden derricks, steam power units, and was the actual inventor of the valve used on pump jacks where the sucker rod entered the casing.
As a kid, I can remember being able to look in any direction and see derricks as thick as trees in a forest. All of them are gone now. I just wish I could have taken pics back then.
I plan a couple of pump jacks with a common steam power unit in the area between the track coming out of the tunnel and the depot tracks.