Finally...some hope!

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Matt,

Good luck on your next interview. Relocation is tough, especially if you have to leave the place you want to live in the most. We did just that, and finally decided that after years of being unhappy, we'd rather struggle in the area we wanted to live in as opposed to having a cushy job in a place we couldn't stand.

Your courage and wisdom are admerable.

Don

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
My wife's nephew relocated from Ontario to Maryland, then bought a house in W. Va., then was let go. He took a job that moved him around a lot, then was let go. He now has a house a day's drive from the rest of the family.

Hope your grandmother is enjoying the model railway.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
I know what relocating is all about 14 in all not counting my immigration to Canada in the first place. My family can tell you all about it. Plenty of plusses and minusus as you can imagine. I Often wonder what it would have been like to have stayed in one place!!:rolleyes:
Good for you Matt, for having the courage to say no to relocating

Clerk

Nov 6, 2002
Esparto, California
Visit site
Good for you. I also know about relocating. I have lost track on the number of times I have had to move with a wife and 3 little kids. Now the wife and I are here to stay in our double wide home in the little town of Esparto, Ca.

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
Too bad about that Matt. I also turned down an offer to relocate once. I had worked for Pioneer Electronics for seven years when they decided to move corporate offices from NJ to California. They offered to relocate me, paying for temporary quarters while helping to sell my home and look for a new one. I didn't even have to think about it, I started looking for a new job immediately! Good luck with your search.

Matt Probst

Mar 15, 2002
Hershey,Pa.
Visit site
Hi Folks! Again, thanks to all of you for your support and encouragement. I truly appreciate it. That is one of the things that makes this forum so great!:)
I'll keep you posted on how things work out this week.

Matt--Hershey, Pa.

Matt Probst

Mar 15, 2002
Hershey,Pa.
Visit site
OK Guys! It's a done deal!......I've been hired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!................ Best of all don't have to relocate!
Thanks to all you folks for the encouragement and prayers. Something worked! I'll be starting around the 7th or 8th of Sept. I'll be training in Minnesota for 9 days and then 3 weeks in Edison, NJ. After that, I'll be back home and working again.
These long months of unemployment and living off the taxpayer have been frustrating at best but it goes to show; perserverence pays!
Thanks again!

Matt--Hershey, Pa.