Finally, got some progress made!

Jun 18, 2004
barboursville, wv
Well, i finally got the tracks installed in my cement plant and gravel plant. Heres a couple of pics, and please let me know what you think, good or bad. Thanks!

Attachments

• grain and cars.JPG
    grain and cars.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 177
  • gravel.JPG
    gravel.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 162
  • gravel and cement.JPG
    gravel and cement.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 165
  • gravel and cement2.JPG
    gravel and cement2.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 161
  • grain and locos.JPG
    grain and locos.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 158

jr switch

Oct 11, 2006
northern Indiana
Hey Buddy, it looks great. Can't wait to see it with scenery, gravel, trees, some beat-up pick-ups parked outside the buildings, maybe some empty skids stacked next to the walls etc. It's going to be a terrific layout. Nice job!----John R

Jun 18, 2004
barboursville, wv
Ok everyone, i finally got some more done on my layout. You will notice that i have moved some industries around and also added a new one, the bakery. Now i need to make a parking lot and add some road ways to my little industrial complex. If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to let me know, i value the opinions of all of you fellow modelers. Thanks once again!
steve:thumb:

Attachments

• New industry1.JPG
    New industry1.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 92
  • new industry2.JPG
    new industry2.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 92
  • new industry 3.JPG
    new industry 3.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 92
  • new industry4.jpg
    new industry4.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 92

EngineerKyle

Oct 3, 2005
Troy MI
Magic pan! lol.... looking good. Try a pic without flash? I can't get a read on that sky blue. U have really made progress in a short time.... what ever happensed to that R loop?

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
I love the Magic Pan Backery buildings, and yours look GREAT. Nice job on them and that looks to be a pretty good place and fit for the complex. As for the parkinglot, I used joint compound to make my pavement and parking lots surrounding the complex. I will try and dig up some pics or take some new ones later on today when I get home from skool. :thumb:

Jun 18, 2004
barboursville, wv
Hey everyone, thanks for the compliments, i appreciate them. As far as the overal dimensions of my layout, they are 19' x 16' folded dog bone with a 7' penninsula on each end for a turn around loop. Chris, the building your refering to is the Walthers Armstrong electric background building. Im working on getting the mains in front of the complex ballasted right now, i hate ballasting, but its got to be done. More pictures to come soon. Thanks!
steve:thumb:

b28_82

Jan 25, 2004
Midwest City, OK
www.geocities.com
I got a tip for those of ya that don't like ballasting..... If your modeling HO try ballasting N scale track then go back to HO and it seems sooo much easier. I've spent about a half hr just getting the ballast the way i wanted it then did the gluing down. Then a few months down the road went to the club and did an HO section of track. Its amazing the difference. I see you have a couple of those blue warehouse backdrop buildings (Bud's Trucking) I recently built one of those to make sure i had clearance for the track coming up to it and a couple mains in front of it. Besides it being fun to build, it comes with a lot of extra parts.:thumb: I really want one of those magic pan bakeries. Nice placement of everything.
Jake