Finally did it gang...

vanda32547

Jun 4, 2002
Miami Florida
www.geocities.com
This weekend we finally took the 4th bedroom/train room (which has been currently used as a catch all room/junk room/storage shed, etc.) cleared it completely out and uncrated my HO layout after being in suspended animation for more than 2 years. :D

I then inspected it carefully for any damage from being moved cross state and being in storage for about a year. Let me tell you folks... it was in perfect condition. Only lost a little ballast from it sitting on it's side for all that time. We got the legs attached and uprighted it. I plugged in the power and before positioning it into its final spot ran an engine around the thing with no derailments. It was awesome!!! Of course once it was in place...my wife insisted on bringing all that junk back into the room! :(

Looks like the next thing on our agenda will be a yard sale!

On a lighter note...I do have room to work on the layout now, so that accounts for something anyway. I'll take some digital pix in the next few days or so and post them.

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Thats the way to go Bob my friend, get cracking on it, and post some pix soon.

Look forward to that.

Shamus

t. alexander

Jun 20, 2002
Attalla Al.
Visit site
I sure know how you feel. Had a problem with space myself,Even with my HO layout being only 2x7 ft. We remuddeled the room it was in and my wife would'nt let me put it back up. :mad:

However recent events have opened up plenty of room for a larger layout. :D . I've been working on the track plan. Can't wait to watch a train make a complete loop.

Congrats on the new space.

t.

marty w.

Jun 11, 2002
Bloomington, IN
Visit site
alkcnw,

Now that a good one!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

My wife was wondering why I was laughing so hard and came over to check this thread out. She wanted to know if we gave each other advice like this all the time and if I learned how to sneak in that new engine I bought from this forum. I said I guess not if you knew about it.

She may just pull the plug on this computer.

Sorry, we are both laughing so hard I can hardly type.

Marty
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

vanda32547

Jun 4, 2002
Miami Florida
www.geocities.com
I am blessed...

Well gang... Kettlestacks suggestion to put a lock on the door might be a good one if it weren't for the fact that my wife is an artist and can't wait to paint scenery, buildings and work on the details like curtains, in the windows of the buildings or furniture in the houses, etc.

Now you may think..."where did you find this wonderful woman who is interested in model railroading?" Don't be too quick to envy me folks. There is a slight problem here... :rolleyes: ... HER idea of what we should do is not exactly MY idea of what we should do SHEESH. :eek: So until we can agree on a plan ... nothing is getting done :p

Well...we have a lifetime to work on it ... ;) I hope I live that long :D

RI541

Feb 20, 2002
Winchester N.H.
Visit site
I guess I most be lucky to have a wife that puts up with my addiction.
I've dragged that poor women to more train shows, through a foot of snow to a rail yard to take pistures, and she still loves me.but she always has fun. and she never seems to mind a small addition to the layout when she come home from shopping:D :D :D

She must be loco in the head.:) :D :)

alkcnw

Apr 10, 2002
camp douglas Wis.
Visit site
My wife was after me to build a cabnet to hold all the kids games and toys. So I built one 2' deep and 8' long, pushed up against my layout along the wall and wala my car and engine sevice area. she thought it was a great idea.( so did I)!!!!!!:eek:

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hey Bob, your website looks very nice indeed, and I love the trestle bridge, was that scratchbuilt? ;)
Shamus

vanda32547

Jun 4, 2002
Miami Florida
www.geocities.com
Yes, the trestle is scratch built...

Yes Shamus the trestle is scratch built from coffee stirrers :D

Since I had a strange freelance curve on my upper level I had to improvise and found the wooden coffee stirrers to be just what I needed. I designed a template for assembling the supports so that they would be uniform. Also the trestle is removable... I did this so I could weather and detail it at a later time.

Thanks for the feedback gang ;)