Filling Holes in....

Sir_Prize

Evening All;
What is the best hole filler? I'm making a custom loco shell and need to do some 'bodywork.' What I've done is combined an SD60 (Atlas- Soo Line) and a 50's Streamline (???). It will be my lines 'Show Pony" it will be used for freight and passenger service. I just wanted something unusual, and already have a U-50. Once done with this one I want to get a Steamers guts and make a complete scratch shell, I'd like a Big Boy chassis, but...$$$
frown.gif
It'll be something between a streamline and a steamer.
cool.gif

On the siding;
Ken

I too like Squadron Green.

If you're dealing with nice little holes in the plastic shell, you can also carve some scrap plastic (of the same type --- preferably scrap from the same shell --- one reason to always save the sprues) down to fit into the hole, glue it in place, whack off the excess, and sand it flush. With large holes, I'd cement a piece of plastic across the hole from inside, and putty it flush with Squadron Green.

Auto body filler (from an auto parts store) can also be used if you cannot find Squadron Green.

Bill

Shay2

On metal I use "Liquid Steel" It is used by machine shops for repairing bolt thread holes on striped Die's and Fixtures. It"s a 2 part mixture similar to auto body filler but is really tuff to sand...cause it's steel!
For plastic, I use Bill's suggestion..save those sprues!

Ken, We wanna see photo's of your show pony, sound great!

Rich

------------------
Rush Run River Logging Co.

Sir_Prize

Thanks all;
Get them up soon, I hope. Supposed to start back to work this week. 8 to 5, most likely not gonna have energy to touch anything for at least two weeks. Didn't know how weak I'd gotten over the past 6 months from my back surgery.
rolleyes.gif
Oh well... From what I've seen on time it took people here an' there it's normal
biggrin.gif

Good health all;
Ken

George

Testors makes "Contour Putty" in a blue and white tube that works nicely for filling in windows, etc.

George.