Fill this space...

csxengineer

May 16, 2003
Pittsburgh, Pa
Visit site
MIND BLANK. NEED HELP. This space is about 2' x 2' and is part of my N scale layout. Don't even bother asking what I want, because I change my mind a million times. The nearby part of the layout is still undecide, but most likely a steel mill, rolling mill, or power plant will be there. I just put a right hand switch and a piece of flextrack branching off of the main into this area. Era is 80's through today. Pennsylvania for locale.

Attachments

• corner.jpg
    corner.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 201

csxengineer

May 16, 2003
Pittsburgh, Pa
Visit site
Powerplant

Currently this is next to retaining wall. What do you think? How can I improve this scene? Should I remove it and put in walthers rolling mills or a blast furnace insted? The layout is a 10' x 11' U shape. Should I make it a single industry layout or try to make it go from town to town?

Attachments

• powerplant.jpg
    powerplant.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 192

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
You could put in any kind of industry you would like I would probably make it something complimentary maybe a coalyard for the powerhouse??? I would also add a few small out buildings to that structure as storage/powerhouse?? for product and add some more details as well People cars trucks crates junk. I also would not wait to much longer to do your backdrop as your structures are soon going to interfere with your ability to get to it. Pat

Sir_Prize

Mar 4, 2001
Port Charlotte,Florida
Visit site
Perhaps on that raised area some "lower end" homes. Give it a "Company Built" look. Like the Power Plant Company put them there for the workers. Perhaps even some steps down to the Plant.
Have a narrow road come from the room corner and "T" at the wall. Put in some homes as said before. Maybe even a General store at the corner or a "newer" corner store. By having the homes seem "company built" it gives the area history.

TrainClown

Apr 17, 2003
Saskatchewan, Canada
Visit site
If I may make a suggestion, What I would do with that corner is to put in a mountain. This would add a nice separation on the layout, and as far as I can see, you don't have any mountains yet. You could make some nice cliffs and tunnels.

Once your mountain was there, you could put a mine or some other rural biz there.

TrainClown :)

3phase

Nov 12, 2004
Jacksonville, Florida
www.suprhost.com
Lackawanna coal mine......
ariel.gif