Figures for paper model scales?

Discussion in 'Dioramas & Displays' started by Mindaugas, Sep 8, 2005.

1. Mindaugas

Mindaugas Member

Hello,

I've got a tricky question. I wish to make a diorama for 1:33 paper plane (or maybe a diorama for 1:25 tank) and I need figures. As we know, figures are mostly made for plastic kits (1:35, 1:48, 1:72 and single figures like 1:9 or 1:16). So the question, where can I get those 1:33 (or 1:32) and 1:25 (or 1:24) figures?? As I saw, it is a little chance to find 1:32 figures, but what about 1:25 figures? It seems, that they are not produced at all. Maybe you can write who produces such figures and where to buy them. And maybe there's a way to build such figures by yourself?
    So the main question is: How to get figures for scales of paper models?

So maybe someone can inform me more about figures for paper planes or tanks?

Also I thought to try 1:35 figures for 1:33 planes, but I think, that the difference is too big. Any suggestions about this?

Thats all. Thank you and good luck! ;)
    --
  2. Mindaugas

Mindaugas Member

Hello,

I've got a tricky question. I wish to make a diorama for 1:33 paper plane (or maybe a diorama for 1:25 tank) and I need figures. As we know, figures are mostly made for plastic kits (1:35, 1:48, 1:72 and single figures like 1:9 or 1:16). So the question, where can I get those 1:33 (or 1:32) and 1:25 (or 1:24) figures?? As I saw, it is a little chance to find 1:32 figures, but what about 1:25 figures? It seems, that they are not produced at all. Maybe you can write who produces such figures and where to buy them. And maybe there's a way to build such figures by yourself?
    So the main question is: How to get figures for scales of paper models?

So maybe someone can inform me more about figures for paper planes or tanks?

Also I thought to try 1:35 figures for 1:33 planes, but I think, that the difference is too big. Any suggestions about this?

Thats all. Thank you and good luck! ;)
    --
  3. RINGMASTER

RINGMASTER Member

Preiser has a line of figures in 1:32.
  4. RINGMASTER

RINGMASTER Member

Preiser has a line of figures in 1:32.
  5. Mike Hinrichs

Mike Hinrichs New Member

6. Mike Hinrichs

Mike Hinrichs New Member

7. PITERPANZER

PITERPANZER Member

Hi!
    I had had the same problem but now I have big figures collection 1-25 scale.I do conversion my figures now.
    That`s right it`s not to many figures in 1-25(24) scale.Verlinden has 1 figure,squadron has1 kit 4 grenadirrs and 1/2 figure-tank commander.Academy has 4 figures- You can got it at moduni.Tamiya has old line1-25 scale figures,together10 figures,5 german and 5 american.New hasegawa kits have figures -american and german.3 crewmen and 4(3) grenadiers are in tamiyas 1-25 scale centurion Mk III.They are british.well maybe it enough. Now few my figures(More on my web site)

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Send reagards Piterpanzer
  8. PITERPANZER

PITERPANZER Member

Hi!
    I had had the same problem but now I have big figures collection 1-25 scale.I do conversion my figures now.
    That`s right it`s not to many figures in 1-25(24) scale.Verlinden has 1 figure,squadron has1 kit 4 grenadirrs and 1/2 figure-tank commander.Academy has 4 figures- You can got it at moduni.Tamiya has old line1-25 scale figures,together10 figures,5 german and 5 american.New hasegawa kits have figures -american and german.3 crewmen and 4(3) grenadiers are in tamiyas 1-25 scale centurion Mk III.They are british.well maybe it enough. Now few my figures(More on my web site)

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Send reagards Piterpanzer
  9. shrike

shrike Guest

What about LGB 1:22.5 figures? Granted, most are civilian but they could be a start.

There's enough variation in people to make them useful (he says at 1.7M and barely 60kg)
  10. shrike

shrike Guest

What about LGB 1:22.5 figures? Granted, most are civilian but they could be a start.

There's enough variation in people to make them useful (he says at 1.7M and barely 60kg)
  11. ARMORMAN

ARMORMAN Guest

I'm currently working on a generic 3d (no steamroller here!) paper fig that I plan to release for free that you can DL, resize and color yourself.

B
  12. ARMORMAN

ARMORMAN Guest

I'm currently working on a generic 3d (no steamroller here!) paper fig that I plan to release for free that you can DL, resize and color yourself.

B
  13. Mindaugas

Mindaugas Member

Hey guys,

Thanks for info! I realy apreciate it.

Today I bought some figures from Zvezda in 1:35. I will try to build them (since I haven't built a figure ever, but I have lots of info on how to build figures) and to see if they fit to my planes.

And about tanks, I will try to get those four figures from Academy, but about other - I don't know..

Thats all. Good luck! ;)
    --
  14. Mindaugas

Mindaugas Member

Hey guys,

Thanks for info! I realy apreciate it.

Today I bought some figures from Zvezda in 1:35. I will try to build them (since I haven't built a figure ever, but I have lots of info on how to build figures) and to see if they fit to my planes.

And about tanks, I will try to get those four figures from Academy, but about other - I don't know..

Thats all. Good luck! ;)
    --
  15. dimas Karabas

dimas Karabas Member

16. dimas Karabas

dimas Karabas Member

17. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

http://www.squadron.com/Index.htm

Squadron has several figures in 1:32 scale - use their search function to see the entire list.

I'm looking for figures of Japanese pilots in 1:32 scale but in seated position so they could be placed in the cockpit....
  18. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

http://www.squadron.com/Index.htm

Squadron has several figures in 1:32 scale - use their search function to see the entire list.

I'm looking for figures of Japanese pilots in 1:32 scale but in seated position so they could be placed in the cockpit....
  19. lizzienewell

lizzienewell Member

I like making figures out of paper. It goes along with the cardmodel vessels.
    I've attached a picture with paper figures on a boat.

They come out flat like paper dolls. You could make them 3-d by laminating pieces on top of each other. Do it like a relief map so that you have maybe 5 or 6 layers of cardstock and each layer is cut to a different shape.
    Another way to make them is to use Femo or Sculpy. I think the contour layers would give you more detail. Unless you use a magifying glass and a needle to model the plastic. I wouldn't want to do it.

Lizzie
  20. lizzienewell

lizzienewell Member

I like making figures out of paper. It goes along with the cardmodel vessels.
    I've attached a picture with paper figures on a boat.

They come out flat like paper dolls. You could make them 3-d by laminating pieces on top of each other. Do it like a relief map so that you have maybe 5 or 6 layers of cardstock and each layer is cut to a different shape.
    Another way to make them is to use Femo or Sculpy. I think the contour layers would give you more detail. Unless you use a magifying glass and a needle to model the plastic. I wouldn't want to do it.

Lizzie