Fiddlers Green Goose 42 inch wingspan

Vyceroy

I have been doing these conversions for close to 8 years now.. I started with a 32 inch wingspan Fiddlers Green P-51 .. remarkably she flew and rather well .. so over the years i have done over 50 conversions .. Here is the mid point of my latest attempt .. a Fiddlers Green Grumman Goose ... 1/4 inch Bluecor insulation foam (From Lowes) .. I copied and enlarged the plans in Adobe illustrator and printed them out on my Plotter printer ..

The hardest thing about converting them to 1/4 inch foam is accounting for the thickness of the foam when doing formers and where 2 pieces join together .. like fuselage sides joining the hull and top ..

I will post more here as i make progress if there is interest .. I had more photos but my other computer is down with a bad power supply ..

Pics are Below ..

Attachments

• FG_Goose.jpg
    FG_Goose.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 30
  • FG_Goose02.jpg
    FG_Goose02.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 17
  • FG_Goose03.jpg
    FG_Goose03.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 16
  • FG_Goose04.jpg
    FG_Goose04.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 26

papaace

Looking great definitely keep us posted Im starting the Foam Super Corsair i got from Ecardmodel.com (spring & summers a coming) keep up the good work!

Vyceroy

Papaace best thing i can say is to definitely test fit all parts in advance .. it has come back to haunt me in the past ..

Vyceroy

A little progress this evening Got the cowlings cut and put together .. next a little sanding to get the nice round edges and they will be ready to cover .. i may do silkspan and resin to strengthen her up and also makes for a nice paintable surface ..

Attachments

• Dsc_0013.jpg
    Dsc_0013.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Dsc_0014.jpg
    Dsc_0014.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Dsc_0015.jpg
    Dsc_0015.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 17

papaace

Thank You

Thanks for the heads up! I use the templates that contour the body and wings as outside templates and parts that fit around them are inside templates I also use thinner material for these parts if I can.:wave: Thanks again and keep up the good work.:thumb:

Vyceroy

pappaace .. another good one is the Fiddlers green corsair .. may be good to practice on it first .. it actually makes a great little flyer with an undercambered or folded wing..