FG Sagging Wings ?

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by cts125, Apr 24, 2007.

1. cts125

cts125 New Member

Hello,

I'm pretty new to card modeling.

I've enjoyed building the few Fiddler's Green models I've tried but I keep having a problem with sagging wings. There is no provision for a spar or any interior support so I'm confused as to how to build them so they won't sag.

How do folks deal with this?

Thanks!
    Charles
  2. cts125

cts125 New Member

Hello,

I'm pretty new to card modeling.

I've enjoyed building the few Fiddler's Green models I've tried but I keep having a problem with sagging wings. There is no provision for a spar or any interior support so I'm confused as to how to build them so they won't sag.

How do folks deal with this?

Thanks!
    Charles
  3. NULLMOON

NULLMOON Member

a wooden stick or lollipop stick works quite well
  4. NULLMOON

NULLMOON Member

a wooden stick or lollipop stick works quite well
  5. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

What weight cardstock are you using? That can make a big difference.
    Chris
  6. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

What weight cardstock are you using? That can make a big difference.
    Chris
  7. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

I know with the B-52 I have from them, the Spars are actually in a seperate folder (B52 Misc) on the large versions
  8. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

I know with the B-52 I have from them, the Spars are actually in a seperate folder (B52 Misc) on the large versions
  9. dfarrell

dfarrell Member

How to fix it really depends on which one you are building. Sometimes, on planes with a single piece wing that slides through the body, you need to cut out the hole a little larger than shown so the wing dosen't get pinched because that can make the wing sag. If the wings are 2 pieces that glue to the side of the fuselage, you need to put some kind of spar in there. A small dowel works well, or you can use a popsicle stick or whatever. You'll just have to make sure that the holes that you make in the fuselage to run it through line up. At one time or another I've built most of their World War I and World War II airplanes as well as many of the racers. If you let me know which one your having trouble with, I might be able to tell you how I did mine.
    -Dave
  10. dfarrell

dfarrell Member

How to fix it really depends on which one you are building. Sometimes, on planes with a single piece wing that slides through the body, you need to cut out the hole a little larger than shown so the wing dosen't get pinched because that can make the wing sag. If the wings are 2 pieces that glue to the side of the fuselage, you need to put some kind of spar in there. A small dowel works well, or you can use a popsicle stick or whatever. You'll just have to make sure that the holes that you make in the fuselage to run it through line up. At one time or another I've built most of their World War I and World War II airplanes as well as many of the racers. If you let me know which one your having trouble with, I might be able to tell you how I did mine.
    -Dave