Female Modelers?

zedob

... She was an accomplished throttle artiste, though, with very smooth stops and starts, and her enunciation, calling out stations stops, was by far the best that I heard that day...

Wayne

Wayne, ever think about writing sexy novels? I don't know whether I should go find my wife, or play with my trains!:mrgreen:

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
I missed the TRAINS articel about female engineers but did read the series last year by the woman who was a brakeman. It was an interesting description of hard work, odd experiences, hassles with some guys, support from others, and a few other quirky things.
Ralph

Straycat

Growing up as an army brat I had to travel and make new friends a lot. The boys up until teenage didn't care if you were a girl. If you could hit a baseball
or had a sled you were okay. I just feed the guys at work some cookies if they act up. One even asked me to join the baseball fantasy team. :-D

stripes

Women & trains

How about this! The Canadian National police person here in Capreol is a woman named Lisa !

And she carries a hugh 9mm. !! :eek:

Stay off her tracks guys! :p train97

Renovo PPR

Just a Farmer
I must live in a weird area. The girls out weight the boys 3 to 1 in model trains. My local LHS said that the Lionel PE express brought far more young girls into the hobby than he can ever remember.

I was wondering how many lady's there are in the hobby because I remember when I was Younger (12) there seemed to be a lot of girls that seemed more interested in the hobby than boys ( not sure if this was a change in father interaction or just an infatuation with trains ). so I was wondering what the ratio of women in the hobby was.

I never seen this subject brought before but I have always' wonder' ed about it.

I only know of two. One is the wife of my LHS owner and O'm pretty sure she's in it for yje money making aspects. The other is the wife of another LSH. She's the "Train Brain" of the shop.

I always wanted to be an engineer on a train, you never see women in the cab. Why is that?

I did notice on our last flight that we had an all male attendent crew and once we even had a female pilot.

I see them in the cab quite regularily on the BNSF coming out of the Alliance Yard north of Ft Worth. Both seats sometimes.

Straycat

I see them in the cab quite regularily on the BNSF coming out of the Alliance Yard north of Ft Worth. Both seats sometimes.

I guess it's too late for me, I'd loved to ride along one day, some of the tourist trains let you if you pay extra.
sigh.gif

Pooh Bah
We have a few gaugers of the female persuasion. I've noticed that the modelling done by female modellers is nearly always better than the average male modeller.

A few years ago there was a calendar of female railroaders (from Canada). At one show I helped a friend and his booth was right beside the calendar people, and they had a number of their models with them (no, not HO scale!)