Federation Starbase WIP

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Starship Builder, Apr 29, 2008.

1. col. kurtz

col. kurtz Member

this is looking soooo good guys :thumb::thumb:this would look good with blue and white fibre optics or leds.down to maplins(uk version of radio shack) tommrorow for a look :thumb:
  2. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Thanks Col. You know it would look good with lights. Time to upsize it some more and work out the lighting! :thumb: Whoot!
  3. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

More build photos. I think I'm going to try and double the size of the model and get really freaky deaky with the creeblies and textures! Whoot!:mrgreen:

Attached Files:

4. D-WHALE

D-WHALE Utopia Planitia Engineer

Oh man! I know the problem with the texture:cry: it´s a long and hard waywall1
    at the moment i "go that way" with my Nebula! 8 pages of over 20(!!!) are finished!
    here are 2 Screenshots: 1 befor and 1 after retexturing! maybe i make also some shades, but if you have over 30 layers with textur-parts it is the problem to find the right layer for shades!

i wish good luck for you both with this project!

CU
    Marko

Attached Files:

5. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Yeah, fun stuff huh? this is my first time doing this, but hey, you gotta start somewhere......right? You did a fine job on your texturing!:thumb: There's a big difference between the first and second photos. Good job.:mrgreen:
  6. looking good really going fast and ill change the fold lines so there less noticable
  7. D-WHALE

thanks, but its not my first time! the most problem is to erase these stupid warp nacelles from the bottom of the saucer!wall1
    here is a pic with the shades! look not bad, but i think, I dont make it so! clean is better!:twisted:

cu

Attached Files:

8. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Cool. I took the sheets you sent and 2X'd them and turned them black and white, I'm going to start modifying the texture and working on more of the build, then get back to the fonts...all of them. I'm going to get some more screen caps and use as much from the actual Starbase as possible.

I've been checking out all the references and blueprints and I'll be adding all four docking bay doors and much of the other detail.

Hope you don't feel like I've taken over your project?
  9. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Yeah, I noticed you removed the nacelle, was that from a print, or other illustration?
  10. no totally dont feel like your taking over im gratfull that your taking your time to work on this
  11. D-WHALE

12. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Whew, cool. I tend to piss people off and sometimes have no idea how I did it.

Got some more done on the build. I'm probably not going to do the ball at the bottom until I get this thing up-sized and get the texture done.

Attached Files:

13. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

14. looking good i have a question is the structure stable or could it use suppots
  15. D-WHALE

wall1wall1wall1
    it was that pic:cool:
    [​IMG]
  16. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Yeah, I was going to talk to you about that. It's OK, but I think it could use some cylinders inside for added support, especially for a larger version.

I just did another round of caps for reference and I wanted to post a couple for you and others to peruse.

The color isn't as dark as it looks and there's a definate "Aztec" pattern to it. There are ribs on the outside of the hemispheres, conicals and tubes, there also seems to be a phaser strip running around the top. Also I noted that there looks to be an M 5 on the bay doors that the enterprise exits. I'll post a screen of the top as well.

Attached Files:

17. i did have support cubes ill add them for the final one also ive removed the score lines couldnt figure how to change the colour
  18. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Cool, have you made any additions? I played around trying to properly place the textures I'm working on and it didn't work, bit I have figured out how to remove all the textures, so I can print it up white, with black lines, this will be easier for make it easier for laying out the textures manually in Photoshop.
  19. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Last pic of the day. There are a couple of fit issues we need to address. If you think this looks like a sloppy build, you're right. I'm not building this as if it was something to keep, I'm just trying to see what issues exist and see what changes need to be made. I'm probably not going to go much further with this test build, I just want to make sure we cover the issues that need addressed. I want to get gull swing into the texturing, sizing and modifications.

Attached Files:

20. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Fyi

Just a little FYI post form the "Extra's" on the Collectors Edition. the filming model was 6' tall and the close up model, where the Enterprise entered the docking bay was 12' across. The entire thing was done in clear, lit from the inside and painted, then the paint was removed to show the lighted areas.

Below are some more reference shots. Is that the Art Director with a paper and foam mock-up (Maquette)? Hmmmnnn, why does that sound familiar?:mrgreen:

Also, below is one of the textures I'll be using. this came from a screencap and will be overlayed onto a couple of other textures I'm adding.

Attached Files: