Federation Starbase WIP

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Starship Builder, Apr 29, 2008.

1. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Two pages for the top would be great for a trial run.

Textures: Send me a pie cut of what you have and I'll have a look and see what I can do.

What type of file did you start with? Did you make this yourself, or was it an existing mesh, is it a 3D file? Are the windows plotted out?

I'll have to finish up the fonts I'm working on, but I hope to have them done soon. Stupid computer issues have delayed everything but actually building.

Do you want a Font overlay for the Spacestation Number and designation?

Drop me a PM and I'll send you my address.:mrgreen:
  2. lil pic to update

Attached Files:

3. well the texture is actually the image from ex atris sceintina i applied it the same way jay shows in his tutorial just took the station off the main image and what i need a hand for is once ive unfolded i need a kinda repaint on the unfolded part because there are parts like the underside of the saucer etc couldnt be textured properley see attched pics on last post also unfolding almost done just the city dome and thruster type thins on saucer
  4. D-WHALE

D-WHALE Utopia Planitia Engineer

5. thanks those could help with gettin the textures right
  6. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

OK, I can do that. when I get the first set of parts I'll print them up and scan them at high res, take them into PS and give you a couple of different versions to choose from and to make note on what changes you need.
  7. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

8. Hmmmm. thanks Cj ill finish the dome of today send you the PDO as well as the BMP versions just gotta do the city on top which i going nicley but gaotta re-size the tabs on it or else its a meszs
  9. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Got it.:thumb: I'm going to start on it today while I work on some of this other stuff.
  10. ok my main concern is that it fits together ok
  11. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Cool, I just sent you the first texture map, for your perusal. I can make any changes you want and will do the windows and docking bay doors later.
  12. that looks good as for overlaying them i havent got a clue better than what the previous one looks like i cant really think of any changes to make just go with what you think looks good
  13. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Very well. I'll go with several overlayments, work up the doors and windows and go over it later for lighting. I'm going to have to get some screen grabs from the movie and look for applicable details and placement.
  14. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

OK, I've made some progress on the build, the fonts, the textures and the research.

Below are some pics showing the progress. Can anyone tell me if I can take the textures I'm working on and import then into Pep, to add them directly to the model, before printing? SSB sent me the pdo and I thought that might save him a few steps and help me learn a little about Pep, or would it be easier to do with Met?

Attached Files:

15. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Here are the build pics, the first one is sitting with my unfunished Akira, for a size comparison. I wont be finishing the Akira, I'm going to upsize it and add the fonts and do a different build.

What you see is a preliminary texture test. I'm going to be cleaning it up and changing it for the better, adding windows and doors, details...

Attached Files:

16. very cool love the fonts and the look of the atart of the textures so cool seeing it being built by some one elsehope it goes ok
  17. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Thanks for making this, I'm glad you like the work so far. It's all preliminary. I really think this could be done 2X from what it is now. I don't know if your up for making changes and additions, but I have a couple of ideas that I'd like to run by you. I hope to have some more done later, but right now I've got good weather and a lot of catching up to do.
  18. ok just send me your thoughts and ill see what i can do. thanks again for doing this i could never do it just look at my avatar lol
  19. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

OK, I want to get a little more into the build, then I'll sit down tonight and come up with a list. I'm going to do as much as I can with the textures in PhotoShop. I played with the texture in Pep and got all kinds of weird results.

I think the rim needs to be double sized and I think there needs to be a donut ring added around the bottom of the base, this will take up for the needed additional thickness. See pics 8, 9, and 10.

I think we need to add some spacers between the upper conical section and the lower conical section. See pics 11, 12, and 13....

More to come...

Attached Files:

20. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

I don't know how detailed you want to get, but it would be nice to have some pockets for observation windows, doors and airlocks. See pics below.

I'm going to add some radial spokes on a couple of parts and use as much of the existing mesh as I can without it looking like a cartoon. Can you get rid of some of the fold lines?

I added the lower rim and build the lower conical section....

Attached Files: