Federation Starbase WIP

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Starship Builder, Apr 29, 2008.

1. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

I hearby volunteer to do it without textures. I've got a working printer now and have plenty cardstock. I'm wrapping up a couple of things now and should be able to do a test build, while I'm working on MF's Moldy Crow. :thumb:
  2. thanks cj ill get the last few problems out of it and send it to you just pm me you email
  3. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

WHOOT! Cool beans. PM coming your way.:thumb:
  4. ok just got one question about scaling now the starbase is 3800 metres and i need it to be scaled to 1/2500 what do i have to input into the pep scale up development by specifying value box also i have doubled parts anyone know why? also textures need work might need to find better ones to use also willing to sen this out to two more beta builders also if you can pics of the build
  5. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

1 meter = 3.2808399 feet, Feet to inches = 1X12,

3800 / 2500 = 1.52 So.... If you want it in meters set divide the original value by 1.52 for 1/2500. If you want it in feet, or inches see above.

Naturally, if you want it in centimeters divide again by 100... How big are you wanting it to be? Do you have any specific size, or volumne in mind?
  6. D-WHALE

D-WHALE Utopia Planitia Engineer

3800 meters in scale 1/2500:eek: are you crazyjawdrop
    Thats over 1,5 meter diameter in real:eek::eek::eek: (I become some problems with my girlfriendwall1 ; over 2,2 meters in 1/1700:cry:)
  7. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Well, let's see that would be about....hmmmnnnn....????? That would be under 5 feet in 1/2500 and at 1700..... closer to eight feet. What's wrong with that? Just think of a 1/2500 Starbase to hang all of those 1/2500 HIGH DOLLAR resin kits off of!sign1
  8. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

To be honest, I was thinking that 2.5 to 3 feet would be a nice size, but that would only be about 1/5000...? Besides it would be totally out of scale with anything. Still, it would be a nice sized and doable model. What do you think SSB?:cool:
  9. D-WHALE

BTW: if he take the texture of the pic in post#1:cry: that becomes terrible!
    why? he scale up the pixels! i think the picture had 72 or 96 DPI! but if you blow up the model and the texture with Pepakura: 1PIX is more than 1cm!!!:eek:

One chance: he SSB need a program with scalable vector graphics (SVG) for retexturing the model!

BTW2: the biggest part of that model need a place on 1(!!!) A4-sheet:cool:
  10. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Well, right now I think he's just working on the part unfold and layout. I think he's going to work on the textures while I'm doing the build. If he needs any help with textures I'll be gald to help. I can do a littlw work in PS and I'd say I"m passable at it. :D
  11. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

They're definitely the wrong shape for that to be true.
  12. yeah they look more like enterprise d as for scale ill figure something out i have it now at about height 17cm width 19cm and depth 11cm heres a pic of it so far so using those can anybody figure out what scale it is

opps the writing should say bits not pits

Attached Files:

13. i could possibly make a 3 foot version of it i tried it in 1/2500 scale itd take you a day just to print haha
  14. the main saucer was over 5 pages and im also not sure a about how stable it would be at that im no good at inner supports ive only done those cubes and i dont know how well theyll work yet however you have actually got me thinking about it in 1/2500 it could be a centerpice in youre room or i could make 3 versions 3 foot 1.5 meters and 17cm
  15. D-WHALE

the scale is approx 1/34000
  16. thanks d-whale started textures they look fairly good just got to sort out a few more parts
  17. also the testures arent very good so i plan to re-paint them to look simple but still give a ceartain amount of detail ohh and texture ive just finished pics to come going to see how they look in pep first
  18. heres the pics ill send this textured version to you cj then if it works fine no kinks i can start redoing the texture into a nice neat one which if anyone can help with that id apreciate it my photo shop skils are incredibly basic then once this is done ill release it with a PDF of the parts and the PDO to use as a guide as you can see in the pics the textures cant go every where wich is why they need redoing after unfold to fill in the gaps and make them cleaner

Attached Files:

19. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Wow! Get a little sleep and you make all kinds of progress! sign1

I have a few questions for you.

Do you want some help with the texture?

Can you make one size, for a test, where the largest circular area covers one, or two sheets?

What size paper are you using, 8.5X11, 11X17, A4?

More to come. I'm not awake yet. Need more coffee.
  20. yeah i could sure use your help with the textures yeah i can increase the size to that would actually make a good size if i make the top saucer the size of a sheet more to come edit what do ya think of this size that make
    the largest saucer take up two pages

Attached Files: