Federation Starbase WIP

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Starship Builder, Apr 29, 2008.

1. ok started using metasquoia to create a starbase from star trek heres some pics it will be made of 7 sections for the main shap[e then all the towers etc

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. lil bit more this parts the easiest just blocks sadly though this will be small scale can hardly put it in 1:1700 lol i know theres already one out at aliens paperkraft by jan rukur but i wanted to make a simpiler one:mrgreen:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  3. ok finished the main body next the litle parts on top and bottom the little poles though ill have to make it so there laminated pic 3 is a test unfold its pretty big

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  4. JT Fox

JT Fox Member

Nice work.

When do you plan to do the textures?

Cheers JTF
  5. i need to read jays tutorial not sure yet ho to do it think ill start though when i have the rest of it done exept the poles on it theyl just be done by laminating cardstock together and be grey also just so i know can i use the image i have to texture the background pic in the first post or do i need multiple views
  6. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Nice looking and good size as well. If I'm looking at the unfold page correctly, that is 4X4 pages, is it not.
  7. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

OOOOOOOO Niiiiiiice, very pretty! this is going to be a cool build.:mrgreen:
  8. Hot4Darmat

Hot4Darmat Member

Very nice work. That'll be a really nice addition and complement to Jan Rukr's starbase model.
  9. Indy500Lee

Indy500Lee Member

Excellent, nice model to add to the star fleet collection!!

Lee:mrgreen:
  10. D-WHALE

D-WHALE Utopia Planitia Engineer

yeah! but i think, it must become still somewhat rounder!:twisted:

jan rukrĀ“s starbase is also cool:cool: just a little smallwall1

Attached Files:

11. yeah should be about 4-6 and thanks for the intrest i may do jupiter station that seems to be scaucers colums any one got any orthos of that the one ive got is to small rounded the top saucer more to and started the small pert on top possibly may do an ambassador class to for its a simple ship design
  12. D-WHALE

the jupiter station:eek: that will be nice (it was on my list):thumb:

i got s schematics, but i dont know where i found it:cry: (the pics are over 900 pixels)! i can send you the originals!

Attached Files:

13. thank D-Whale do you want me to PM my e-mail also nerarly done the city thing on top
  14. ajmadison

ajmadison Member

Supposedly the saucers that make up the bulk of Jupiter station are Ambassador primary hulls (that is, Enterprise-C saucer sections). That may or may not speed up the design, but thought I'd mention it.
  15. More Pics Saucers rounder.
    and the tops done
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  16. D-WHALE

now I know where i found the schematics of the jupiter station:

Ex Astris Scientia - Starship Gallery - Federation Space Stations

(where else :twisted: )! its not Hi-res:cry: but maybe good enough!?

Btw: I saw, that you made the saucer rounder:thumb: just a tip:a circle has 360 degrees!!! for big circle use 36 angles, for medium circles 24 and for small circles 12 angles or less!
  17. thanks for the tip d-whale and the link to the schematics
  18. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Beatimus!:thumb:
  19. model is finished exept texturing just also ive added some structual support cubes to it to strenghthen it im going to get it all unfolded without textures firts for test building if anyones intrested id do it but im outa card (damm)wall1