Favorite

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by rustler, Jul 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rustler

rustler Member

yea i did and it worked great i was hitting some huge ramps and it was working fine i'm shippin the remote and reciever to hpi tommorrow
  2. redheat

redheat Member

Well at least you can run your savage until your stuff gets fixed
  3. rustler

rustler Member

i hoped they get it fixed fast though
  4. redheat

redheat Member

Ya they should , your a customer to them and they want to keep you as one so I would think the faster they get your part back to you the faster youll be happy w/ HPI and purchase more product from them. Let me no what they come up with.
  5. rustler

rustler Member

i shurly will
  6. rustler

rustler Member

well ihavent yet shipped it out because now i am having trouble with my steering now when i'm using the rustler reciever and radio. when i go to turn it takes for ever at first the wheel will turn but then go back to stairt and then finally it will turn but it takes forever, when i put the truck on the groung and shut off my motor and turn each way i turn it makes a loud clicking sound and it is really starting to make me mad, so if anyone knows what the problem is please let me know any help is great appreciated thenks, luke
  7. redheat

redheat Member

Check batteries, next make sure that servo horn is secure to the servo if that does not work take servo out and put one in from your traxxas and see if that works . That'll tell if the servo is the problem or not. Steering not binding is it ?
  8. rustler

rustler Member

i know its not batteries because my brakes still work fine and that is a major clue that you battery is low when ur brakes, and srry but i dont know where the servo horn is, and i dont know what you mean by saying the steering might be binding
  9. redheat

redheat Member

okay take a look at that plastic piece that sits on your servo. Is it tight? Binding, look up underneath were your steering components are move the wheels back and fourth best to disconnect the servo before doing it. Making your brake calipers go in and out doesnt mean anything , It takes more juice to power those wheels back and fourth. Your running 3 servos off what 4 batteries @ 1.5volts that does nt last long in a MT, RED
  10. rustler

rustler Member

i go through batteries some much faster through the savage than i do thustler, i barley ever changer the batteries in it, i have alreaddy used 36 batteries i'm goin to get a battery pact for it, about how long do they last
  11. redheat

redheat Member

I have 2 hump packs that I purchased for 12.bux ea. on EBay, I use them on them on my GT , they last a long time , I still use AA for all my transmitters @ 8 batteries a piece. Now your going threw an insane amount of batteries , are you like using the el cheapos or what?
  12. rustler

rustler Member

yea at first i did so i swithced and two days ago i put 4 knew entergizer batteries in there and i still can believe they would be out, i just got off the phone with hpi and they said that my steering servo gears were broken and now i have to order them, THIS TRUCK IS DRIVING ME CRAY I WISH THEY WOULD JUST GIVE ME AND NEW ONE AND I WOULD SHIP THE ONE I HAD BACK!
  13. rustler

rustler Member

or do you suggest just getting a completly new steering servo if so to you suggest a certain kind
  14. rustler

rustler Member

man i am soo confused, i just went to towerhobbies and found some steering servo's that looked nothing like mine i dont even know if i know where it is i wish i was more experianced with r/c's so i wouldnt make a fool out of myself like i am now. PLEASE HELP
  15. redheat

redheat Member

Hey first off dont be so hard on yourself man ,your learning just like the rest of us. As far as the servo goes I'd just purchase a new high torque servo ,not high speed , get digital also. HItec makes good servos Ipersonally use 3 of them ,they have metal gears dont have the numbers in front of me but you could look at there site and get all the info. on which one well work for you. Take your time with it ,it'll all work out in the long run , RED
  16. redheat

redheat Member

Rustler try this one 5645mg Hi Torque from Hitec. About 55.bux has about 168oz of torque put in place of your steering servo and put the steering in for throttle and brake.
  17. rustler

rustler Member

i just went out and bout a hitec high torque and metal gears steering servo, i went out to race my cousins t-maxx and all of the sudden me steering kept veering of to the side and it kept getting worse then i wasnt able to turn right, and sometimes left it driving me crazy this truck is really making me mad and i hate it i should of just bought a t-maxx
  18. redheat

redheat Member

If everything is working the right way for example, your new servo, linkages are right, i'd take a good look at crystals ,rx. Are you sure that you centered your servo correctly? RED
  19. rustler

rustler Member

thanx but i figured it out it was my servo saver i just took that off and put on a new sero arm and now its working great and you can really tell the difference between the old servo and the new one
  20. redheat

redheat Member

Super torque servos work wonders, that truck should turn on a dime. Now are you using your savage radio or the traxxas stuff. RED
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.