favorite tool?

RobertInOntario

Mine are probably a small pair of pliers that I use a lot for removing and adding spikes, tinkering with track, etc. I also have 1-2 very small screw drivers that seem perfect for modeling -- and even scraping away excess ballast & adjusting track.

I also have a small plastic tool box (with various compartments and slots) that contain my spikes, track cutting saw, pliers, screw drivers, fishplates, etc. I got this from Home Depot and it's great. It helps to keep me organized & I need all the help I can get with that!
Rob

b28_82

I would have to say my favorite tool would be my needle nose pliers. I have 3 of them in fact. They are quite handy. A close second for me would be my adjustable wire stripper. I use it for cutting anything other than pianowire. They're like a pair of dikes for me. I've even used them to trim the ends of railjoiners.

Pooh Bah
What the heck are fishplates? Sounds like something to eat dinner on. LOL

Roch
Fish is a word meaning to join something. It was used in the sailing navy about fixing broken spars; check out the naval adventure novels. The term probably came from there to railways.

roch

Thank you for clearing up the fishplates. :twisted:

I like the way they look and will have to try them out someday. :thumb: