Favorite Castles And Chateouz's

Discussion in 'Architecture Models' started by Bionic Modeler, Jul 7, 2008.

1. I though it might be nice to see what you all like when it comes to castles. Include build pics. Here are a few of my wanna-builds

Attached Files:

2. Here are some more

Attached Files:

3. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Kinda partial to chambord :)
  4. redhorse

redhorse Member

Chambord's nice. I also like Chateau de Chenonceau with all of the bridge work.
  5. RINGMASTER

RINGMASTER Member

I'm saving this USBORNE Wizard's Castle for Halloween.

Attached Files:

6. Longshaor

Longshaor Member

Castles

I built Caelaverock & Doune from Bellerophon Books and they went together pretty nicely. I'd love to find models of Bamburgh, Dover, Dunnottar or Urquhart castles though...

Cheers
  7. mike.stamper

mike.stamper New Member

One of the consequences of making the castles is that I want to visit the real castles.

My wife and I have done two separate trips. Living in England means driving on the "wrong" side of the road, so we go to a central point - train of fly then hire a car.
    A great place to start for the French Chateau is Tours - get a guide book and start driving ! The other place is the Czech Republic there are more than 400 castles to visit.
    I appreciate this is not strictly modelling so I'll leave it at that - but if any one is interested in more info - lease let me know ... it may be a while befor I answer --- too many models to make ;-)
  8. black knight

black knight New Member

where can i acquire the pattern for castles ?
  9. mike.stamper

mike.stamper New Member

That's a short question with a long answer !

All the internet shops will have many castles. You can try some specific publishers like Betexa.com for czech of Instante durable for french castles. canon creative park have a few free castles.

I hope this helps
    MikeS
  10. NULLMOON

NULLMOON Member

most of my favorite castles are ruins i scratch built models of rochester,tintagel and the lion tower which was once part of the tower of london from greybord ages ago
    failing that i like Chateau de Chenonceau looks a bit different:thumb:
  11. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Châteu de Chenonceau

Hi Tim,

If you like the looks of the Châteu de Chenonceau, check out this thread by modeler Jens, at our sister forum in Germany: http://www.kartonbau.de/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=821&hilight=Ch%E2teux+de+Chenonceau

He has very skillfully cut out 'wave-like' plastic sheets of plexi-glass, which he has placed over suitable colored sheets of card. Looks VERY authentic, don´t you think? A masterpiece, IMHO.

Best,
    Bengt :thumb: